Forum is faster!

giphy.gif

Not a big fan of the UI, but it does seem snappy. I've never liked it when message boards switch to this 'chat bubble' type interface. The whole thing is just a lot harder on the eyes for me than the way it was before.

JMO

Im noticing an improvement in pixels, text and graphics are more clear... It like going from 16 bit to 32 on the old Graphics cards...

What's that, exactly? Is it the round corners on everything? I hate those too. I got rid of them. Sharp edges. Precision edges. No room for softness, it's a cold, hard world.

The separate box for every post is the main factor in that. It looks a lot better on mobile than it does on the computer though. I just find my eyes swimming trying to follow the actual thread text without it blending in to all the other things on the box.

Keeping in mind, I’m historically opposed to forum ui changes in general, not just this one. I think some color themes would go a long way, something darker and less gray on gray on white. It looks professional, it’s just harder on my eyes haha.

Honestly the more I look at it on my phone and the more I compare it to other boards I visit, the less I can figure out what my issue is—which leans towards saying I just don’t like change haha. I’ll have to check it out on the computer again later and see if I can put my finger on it.

The separate box for every post is the main factor in that. It looks a lot better on mobile than it does on the computer though. I just find my eyes swimming trying to follow the actual thread text without it blending in to all the other things on the box.

Keeping in mind, I’m historically opposed to forum ui changes in general, not just this one. I think some color themes would go a long way, something darker and less gray on gray on white. It looks professional, it’s just harder on my eyes haha.

Honestly the more I look at it on my phone and the more I compare it to other boards I visit, the less I can figure out what my issue is—which leans towards saying I just don’t like change haha. I’ll have to check it out on the computer again later and see if I can put my finger on it.
I appreciate you articulating your dislike. It’s hekpful. I’m not certain what we’ll do with the style yet but this feedback will be kept in mind if we look for something else.

Since you can't see your likes and posts anymore underneath your avatar I wonder if that will change our posting behavior? No more post whoring? No more carefully considering our words in order to craft something snappy to generate more likes? Could be refreshing.

Since you can't see your likes and posts anymore underneath your avatar I wonder if that will change our posting behavior? No more post whoring? No more carefully considering our words in order to craft something snappy to generate more likes? Could be refreshing.
The fake internet points worth zero value are visible if you click on any avatar. Please continue to ignore them as they add little value to our interactions on the forum! :D

Back
Top Bottom