Forum editing gone?

guitarnerdswe

Fractal Fanatic
Hi!

I noticed something. I can't edit old posts any more. The edit button is simply not there anymore. Anyone else noticed this?

Thanks
Niklas

I think that it depends on the age of the post.

Yep, I just posted this and then I'm editing it with this sentence. Not sure what the timeframe is, but if you think about it you wouldn't want someone going into a thread from 2 years ago and destroying it because they got butthurt or something.

One big drawback, if you can't edit your existing post (say update a sound clip or patch), you are forced to create a new post with the same topic. I would think creating multiple posts would become more problematic than allowing edits of older posts. If the intent was to prevent users from deleting their own posts, they could have just disabled the delete function for older posts.

One big drawback, if you can't edit your existing post (say update a sound clip or patch), you are forced to create a new post with the same topic. I would think creating multiple posts would become more problematic than allowing edits of older posts. If the intent was to prevent users from deleting their own posts, they could have just disabled the delete function for older posts.

That was exactly what I was going to do, update an original thread starting post. Sucks to not be able to do it.

I certainly miss the ability to edit the original post later. I think it would make for a much less cluttered forum if this was turned back on again.

I've got a couple of threads on here which have gone to 5+ pages and the ability to keep updating the first page months later will certainly make it easier to get updates out to the users here without them having to trawl through pages and pages of posts.

Seriously, forum editing is STILL disabled? :S Of all the forums in the world I've ever been on, this is the only one where you can't edit your posts, and see no reason for it.

Mods, PLEASE allow us to edit our posts again.

I think it's 48 hours to edit. I have a post that I wanted to edit instead of bump and could do it 24 hours later, but not 48.

+1 I've often gone back and updated presets or a sound clip I used to start a post but had to do it as a post in the thread or a new post because I couldn't edit my old post. Would be nice to be able to edit really old posts for this alone.

+1 I've often gone back and updated presets or a sound clip I used to start a post but had to do it as a post in the thread or a new post because I couldn't edit my old post. Would be nice to be able to edit really old posts for this alone.

Exactly! Now, nobody can update their presets in a post, or price in an add etc. Plus, now we have ads with 6+ pages of "bump".

I have to look at some different things. The 4.xx version of this software is different than the 3.xx we run on TGP. I know what I am looking for, but not where to find it.

I'll get into it tomorrow.

It would be nice to be able to have full edit control in the For Sale section... Tittle, Price changes, additional info, sold notifications ect. As it is now you need to add to the thread and I think that doesn't always work to the sellers advantage with the prospect having to read all the way through the thread.

It would be nice to be able to have full edit control in the For Sale section... Tittle, Price changes, additional info, sold notifications ect. As it is now you need to add to the thread and I think that doesn't always work to the sellers advantage with the prospect having to read all the way through the thread.

Exactly. I have a for sale ad up now, and it's a mess because I can't edit it.

Back
Top Bottom