Forum access

I had strange problems accessing sites and finally traced it to having jumbo frames enabled on my switches.

It only impacted a few sub areas of sites and was nearly impossible to track down.

Posting this just in case it is useful. Disabling jumbo frames cleared up the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i have tried multiple PCs in the house and also two ipads, and ipod touch, and my windows phone. none of which will open the forum using my router. only altering the router into modem mode (No wifi) will allow access, due to the different IP address. my ISP sont allow a different IP address in normal mode. ideally id just like to be unblocked, but if that cant be done, i might have to change ISP just to get a different IP address.

Your address is not blacklisted according to: https://www.spamhaus.org/query/ip/213.105.49.231

Screen%20Shot%202015-04-12%20at%2010.04.13%20AM.png

You're not in the SBL and that's what matters. You're in the PBL, but that's okay -- most address ranges are in the PBL. From the PBL FAQ:

It's a way to get rid of open email relays in some sort of semi-controlled fashion to limit email spam and it's opt-in and generally not a problem since most ISPs don't run unauthenticated mail gateways anyways.

Your IP address isn't blacklisted at the forum server.

Have you flushed all your cookies and saved settings? Tried a different browser? What about a different computer in the house that's on the same router/modem?

You are right, of course... I was still a bit groggy and did not read all of the details. :(

However, this is not the only blacklist service... Not sure if the forum software uses blacklist services, but if it does a forum admin would need to chime in to state which one(s) so all can be checked.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

i have tried multiple PCs in the house and also two ipads, and ipod touch, and my windows phone. none of which will open the forum using my router.
Ok, that's a really good test then. Definitely the problem is starting at your router/modem then.

only altering the router into modem mode (No wifi) will allow access, due to the different IP address. my ISP sont allow a different IP address in normal mode. ideally id just like to be unblocked, but if that cant be done, i might have to change ISP just to get a different IP address.

Something sounds off here. The difference between modem mode and router mode is whether the box acts as a NAT for other devices. The external facing IP shouldn't necessarily change based on the mode (this depends a bit on how your ISP assigns public IP addresses to modems).

Try this: put it in router mode and go to https://www.google.com/webhp?q=what's my ip address and note your IP address, then put it in modem mode and go to https://www.google.com/webhp?q=what's my ip address and note your IP address, flip it back to router mode and note it one more time.

Same every time? Different every time? Post the results here.

Have you tried opening a support ticket through Fractal Audio on the website? I had the same troubles many months ago, I couldn't log in on any device at my home and they (Matt Picone) were able to fix it right away and unblocked my IP address. Not sure what caused the issue but it's been fixed ever since.

You are right, of course... I was still a bit groggy and did not read all of the details. :(

However, this is not the only blacklist service... Not sure if the forum software uses blacklist services, but if it does a forum admin would need to chime in to state which one(s) so all can be checked.

No worries. My post wasn't meant to counter anything you'd said -- just report my own findings.

Back
Top Bottom