Fortin presets?

Anyone here got a pre set that would be SUPER close to the Fortin Cali?
I freaking love the tone that Neural DSP plug in has. Or someone point me in the direction of which amp to get the closest.

watching.
I've seen some tutorials (plague scythe studios) that started from a friedman (h)be C45 with a graphic eq block in the front of it mimic-ing a grinder pedal (initialy made for ax8). now in the FM3 that pedal is available in the amp's pre as a boost. couldn't get close to the sound I'm looking for tho' ... post if you find anything

I've read online that the Cali is based on a JCM800 with the Jose mod. There are quite a few threads about the Jose mod on here - from Yek's Brit 800 guide he states:
"A JCM already is an angry-sounding amp. Adding the renown Jose Arrendendo mod makes it even meaner. This is accomplished by turning on Saturation."

So try starting with that as the amp and feed it directly into the Neural plugin with just the cab emulation on. Do some A/B testing with Neural's amp to the AXE-FX and try and dial it in as close as you can. Once you're happy with it, shoot the IR's using the integrated IR capture tool on the AXE-FX and load it up!

I did this awhile back with the Fortin Nameless Suite on the AXE-FX III and it worked great. Been looking to try it on the Cali myself.

Edit: And if you can't get it close enough, the tone-matching block may help do the trick.

Thanks for the tips. I can't use tone-matching since I'm on the FM3 platform but looking at the saturation switch/drive as I write this :D

I just dialed in a new preset this morning using the "Brit 800 Mod" with the Saturation = On and Boost = On and got very close to the Fortin Cali plugin sound.

Bumping old thread but any recommendations on cabs/IRs used as well?

I would suggest you might do as above (saturation) and then open your plugin to your fav preset and set the axefx amp settings accordingly... then you might want to take a look at what cab is being used in the preset. there are some threads around that talk about what cabs where used.

imo a good percentage of what sounds good in the neural stuff is due to the amazing recordings of cabs they did for it.
Take that vst and plug it into some cabs that are out there and try to get 'back to' the sound you like. then use that cab on the axe.
just one idiots o

I used a Cameron CCV amp to get close. The trick was using an EQ at output, at the relevant amp tab (for convenience, in this case). I don't remember what equalizer I used -- whatever comes first. And then boost the higher frequencies in that EQ by a bunch. "Presence" with most amp sims I tried was not sufficient as a control, neither the treble (if I remember correct). It seems to me that the neural plugin has some really high frequencies going on.. without which it's tough to get close.

Sorry I’m a little late, but you could give these a try https://strangeanglesmusic.com/shop/p/forton-omega-axe-fx-ii-rhythm-pack-1
96C7023C-D579-4631-87E3-709DDF08B8F9.jpeg

10 custom presets based off of the 2 best plug-ins for hi-gain rhythm guitar- the Fortin Nameless and Omega Granophyre. Try a couple on the change https://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=9834https://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=9833

Last edited:
No sorry, for the axe fx II. I may do some for the III eventually. You could try to convert them over with fractool. Not sure how it will affect the preset though?
If you try to do that, let me know how it works? It probably wouldn’t affect the integrity of the preset too much. as long as the Tonematch block converts correctly

Back
Top Bottom