• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Wish Fortin Meshuggah

B:ASSMASTER

Experienced
Have you even played or heard in person this $3,333 amp that just started shipping 3 days ago? What would be so "amaze" about it?

Experienced
So, the reason why it should be in the Axe-Fx is because it's an amp that you've never played or heard in person?

zenaxe

Fractal Fanatic
Just asking questions to see what led him to ask for that amp. No hostility at all.
Unconsidered/impractical requests add nothing but noise to the wish list and increase the likelihood of FAS tuning out new amp requests in general, IMHO. So I think it is reasonable to say, "Really? WTF?" when someone makes a request that is basically non-nonsensical.

Honestly, I doubt we are going to see a lot of new amps (if any) in the II series from here on out... so I think most amp requests are pretty much like talking to a brick wall anyway.

Even if that weren't the case, I'd be stunned to see yet another modern high gainer with no proven record of uniqueness or relevance relative to the current set. At this point adding an amp like that is a substantial cost for FAS in terms of R&D for product that is EOL (not to mention a schematic is probably not even available making it a non-starter)...

It would be a much better investment if you were going to expend effort on the II series, to model something that helps one of the areas under-served... ex: Doom amps, Bass Amps, Missing Classics like the Gibson L5 orif you were doing a high gainer something that has already proven itself like the Rivera Knucklehead, VHT Pitbull, or one of the other Randalls that are not modeled anywhere but considered modern metal classics. FAS is a business and their resources are finite.

Last edited:

Experienced
Unconsidered/impractical requests add nothing but noise to the wish list and increase the likelihood of FAS tuning out new amp requests in general, IMHO. So I think it is reasonable to say, "Really? WTF?" when someone makes a request that is basically non-nonsensical.

Honestly, I doubt we are going to see a lot of new amps (if any) in the II series from here on out... so I think most amp requests are pretty much like talking to a brick wall anyway.

Even if that weren't the case, I'd be stunned to see yet another modern high gainer with no proven record of uniqueness or relevance relative to the current set. At this point adding an amp like that is a substantial cost for FAS in terms of R&D for product that is EOL (not to mention a schematic is probably not even available making it a non-starter)...

It would be a much better investment if you were going to expend effort on the II series, to model something that helps one of the areas under-served... ex: Doom amps, Bass Amps, Missing Classics like the Gibson L5 orif you were doing a high gainer something that has already proven itself like the Rivera Knucklehead, VHT Pitbull, or one of the other Randalls that are not modeled anywhere but considered modern metal classics. FAS is a business and their resources are finite.
Very well said. And, I agree with your examples of amps that are under-served.

eraserhead

Having this amp would be amazing I made a wish list a few days ago wanting to add some Fortin Amps. I own two Marshall’s that are Modded by him.
1. 1978 Marshall 100w JMP with the Cali mod
2. Marshall 100w with the Straight up Jose mod.

Bodde

Fractal Fanatic
Yup. Same as most amps in the unit. Never played them. But i like to explore them.
That's a valid wish. Never played an Acoustic 360 or Ampeg B15 bass amp myself but wouldn't mind if these were in the Axe fx. So a person requesting an amp not necessarily should have played on that hardware amp himself.

Top Bottom