Implemented Fortin Grind

IMHO the ultimate video on this topic is again on Plague Scythe Studios channel, where Ryan analyzes the exact EQ curve of Fortin Grind vs Fortin 33 vs Fortin Nameless plugin:

You can skip to 12' 03'' to jump directly to the EQ curve, but if you have some time the whole video is really worth watching.

IMHO the ultimate video on this topic is again on Plague Scythe Studios channel, where Ryan analyzes the exact EQ curve of Fortin Grind vs Fortin 33 vs Fortin Nameless plugin:

You can skip to 12' 03'' to jump directly to the EQ curve, but if you have some time the whole video is really worth watching.

Thank you, that's great. Does anyone have drive block already EQ'd to match what the video explains?

Thank you, that's great. Does anyone have drive block already EQ'd to match what the video explains?

It's not really a drive pedal, just an EQ or Filtered boost. There is a screenshot of the settings for the Filter block below. This should work exactly the same and have the same parameters for all the Fractal products. I like it at about +15dB.

The Grind pedal has a max of +18dB
The 33 pedal has a max of +20dB

It's also good at about +2dB to add some grit to a cleaner amp.

If you want the later version of the pedal without the rolloff, turn the "Hi Cut" knob up to 20,000 Hz so none of the high end gets filtered out.

Screen Shot 2019-02-20 at 8.43.29 PM.png

Can someone explain how to set up the Pink Noise/RTA chain? I thought I understood it, but think I am doing something wrong.

I picked up the Fortin Blade so if I can figure it out I can post the results at various settings.

It's not really a drive pedal, just an EQ or Filtered boost. There is a screenshot of the settings for the Filter block below. This should work exactly the same and have the same parameters for all the Fractal products. I like it at about +15dB.

The Grind pedal has a max of +18dB
The 33 pedal has a max of +20dB

It's also good at about +2dB to add some grit to a cleaner amp.

If you want the later version of the pedal without the rolloff, turn the "Hi Cut" knob up to 20,000 Hz so none of the high end gets filtered out.

View attachment 53211
Awesome thanks for sharing :)

Can someone explain how to set up the Pink Noise/RTA chain? I thought I understood it, but think I am doing something wrong.

I picked up the Fortin Blade so if I can figure it out I can post the results at various settings.

Here is a preset for the AxeFx III for the pink noise to analyze the pedal. The Pink Noise is in the Synth block, make sure "Track" is set to Off or no noise will be generated on its own. Then you just have to match the curves with the Filter or PEQ blocks.

This uses Input/Output 3 as the effects loop from the example in the manual.

Good luck.

Screen Shot 2019-03-12 at 6.54.26 PM.png

Attachments

• Pink Noise RTA.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 8
Wasn't exactly sure how to do this with the 3 knobs, but snapped a handful of screenshots. Seems pretty similar to the Grind but has Bass and Treble cut/boost.

Saw 9 o'clock Cut 0 Deep 0 Fortin Blade   Saw 9 o clock  cut 0  deep 0.PNG

Saw 12 o'clock Cut 0 Deep 0 Saw @ 12 Cut zero  Deep zero.PNG

Saw 12 o'clock Cut 9 Deep 0 Saw @ 12 o clock   Cut 9 o clock  Deep zero.PNG

Saw 12 o'clock Cut 12 Deep 0 Saw 12 o clock  cut 12 o clock  deep 0.PNG

Saw 3 o'clock Cut 12 Deep 0 Saw 3 o clock  Cut 12 o clock  Deep 0.PNG

Saw 3 o'clock Cut 3 Deep 0 Saw 3 o clock  Cut 3 o clock  Deep zero.PNG

Saw 1 o'clock Cut 1 Deep 7 Saw 1 o clock  Cut 1 0 clock  Deep 7 o clock.PNG

All knobs on full Everything on 10.PNG

Attachments

• Saw 3 o clock  Cut 12 o clock  Deep 0.PNG
    Saw 3 o clock Cut 12 o clock Deep 0.PNG
    88.5 KB · Views: 15
Wasn't exactly sure how to do this with the 3 knobs, but snapped a handful of screenshots. Seems pretty similar to the Grind but has Bass and Treble cut/boost.

Saw 9 o'clock Cut 0 Deep 0 View attachment 53371

Saw 12 o'clock Cut 0 Deep 0 View attachment 53372

Saw 12 o'clock Cut 9 Deep 0 View attachment 53373

Saw 12 o'clock Cut 12 Deep 0 View attachment 53375

Saw 3 o'clock Cut 12 Deep 0 View attachment 53376

Saw 3 o'clock Cut 3 Deep 0 View attachment 53377

Saw 1 o'clock Cut 1 Deep 7 View attachment 53378

All knobs on full View attachment 53379
Cool.

Looks like "Saw" is a broad peaking filter at around 800 Hz. "Cut" is a low-pass shelving filter, at (I'm guessing) around 3 KHz. "Deep" is a high-pass shelving filter at around (I'm guessing again) 100 Hz.

I have been running the Saw level at around 1 or 2 o'clock, Cut around the same and Deep anywhere from 7 to 9 o'clock.

Back
Top Bottom