Implemented Fortin Grind

Those filter settings sound great as well! Thanks! This also works well with as a boost into a clean amp with the level at around +2dB for a little grit.

Without discussing the Grind or 33 pedals themselves I think you can get comparable results with the Axe Fx.

I've created a simple preset using the same Fryette amp model and 2 factory cabs. This is not meant to be an exact mimic of the grind but just to show that you can use different blocks to get good results.

Scene 1 is the amp model directly, scene 2 is using the FET drive model (with a Null clipping type) like in the demo above, scene 3 is using a HPF and a PEQ with frequency enhancements from which I've read on a forum that the grind pedal enhances these, scene 4 and 5 are 808 drive blocks in front of the amp.

Note that all have the level increased to drive the amp.
Scene 3 should be similar to the way the grind works. This can be improved if someone who has the Grind or 33 pedals runs some pink noise through them to see which freq they enhance. Scene 3 and 4/5 are my preference. ;)
Without discussing the Grind or 33 pedals themselves I think you can get comparable results with the Axe Fx.

I've created a simple preset using the same Fryette amp model and 2 factory cabs. This is not meant to be an exact mimic of the grind but just to show that you can use different blocks to get good results.

Scene 1 is the amp model directly, scene 2 is using the FET drive model (with a Null clipping type) like in the demo above, scene 3 is using a HPF and a PEQ with frequency enhancements from which I've read on a forum that the grind pedal enhances these, scene 4 and 5 are 808 drive blocks in front of the amp.

Note that all have the level increased to drive the amp.
Scene 3 should be similar to the way the grind works. This can be improved if someone who has the Grind or 33 pedals runs some pink noise through them to see which freq they enhance. Scene 3 and 4/5 are my preference. ;)

I downloaded this for my Axe FX II Mark II but nothing happens when I try to import it. Any ideas anyone?

I downloaded this for my Axe FX II Mark II but nothing happens when I try to import it. Any ideas anyone?
You downloaded the Axe II version and not the other two versions, right?

There are lots of different flavors of "nothing happens." Can you tell us what you saw when you tried to import it, and how you imported it?

You downloaded the Axe II version and not the other two versions, right?

There are lots of different flavors of "nothing happens." Can you tell us what you saw when you tried to import it, and how you imported it?

Yes of course I downloaded the Axe FX II version. I've tried it 2 ways- in axe edit then Import- the little circle loading icon runs for a few seconds and then that's it. I also tried opening the preset with Fractool and the preset contained nothing. It's like the preset is blank. No preset name, no blocks, nothing.

Yes of course I downloaded the Axe FX II version. I've tried it 2 ways- in axe edit then Import- the little circle loading icon runs for a few seconds and then that's it. I also tried opening the preset with Fractool and the preset contained nothing. It's like the preset is blank. No preset name, no blocks, nothing.
Interesting. The Axe-Fx III version loads fine. Neither the Axe II version nor the AX8 version will load in the editor. Both versions display in FracTool as a grid full of shunts with crazy interconnects between them, with a non-alphanumeric preset name (these files are also much too large to be Axe II or AX8 preset files — they're closer in size to Axe III files).

upload_2019-2-13_23-5-47.png

Last edited:
Interesting. The Axe-Fx IiI version loads fine. Neither the Axe II version nor the AX8 version will load in the editor. Both versions display in FracTool as a grid full of shunts with crazy interconnects between them, with a non-alphanumeric preset name (these files are also much too large to be Axe II or AX8 preset files — they're closer in size to Axe III files).

View attachment 52523

Yes, exactly that. @harmaes I'd love to try your preset but the Axe FX II version will not work. Is it possible you could check it and re upload it?

I'm glad i saw this thread! Just tried on my II using the FET Drive and what a difference it made to my preset. Awesome tip.

I used the FET boost and followed settings in the vid setting to null and turning drive and tone to ten. Clean boost more pleasant and transparent, to my ears, with many of my high gain presets than using drive blocks with the usuals...TS808 etc.

I used the FET boost and followed settings in the vid setting to null and turning drive and tone to ten. Clean boost more pleasant and transparent, to my ears, with many of my high gain presets than using drive blocks with the usuals...TS808 etc.

I haven't got time to watch it now, but do you mean the Plague Scythe Studios video? Also what do you set your level to with the FET boost?

I have attached the latest version I made for the AxeFx III and a screenshot for the AxeFx II, AX8, and FX8 users. I'm assuming that the Filter block has the same parameters. This also works well with as a boost into a clean amp with the level at around +2dB for a little grit.

Screen Shot 2019-02-20 at 8.43.29 PM.png

Attachments

• Fortin Grind_20181118_161356.blk
    269 bytes · Views: 22
Thanks for the info on this. I have been experimenting trying this method simulating the Fortin Grind as well as the Furman PQ-3/PQ-4 type setup but so far my results are pretty meh.

Back
Top Bottom