ForScore (and FracPad) linked to AX8?

Hello there everyone,
I was wondering if there is someone who have tried to link to the FracPad with the ForScore so If I have a set playlist every time I change it, it will trigger the presets to chance at the same time?

If so, will you recommend wireless or wired connection?

Thanks

FracPad? Or the Axe-Fx?
I'm talking about using the FracPad to setup/tweak your presets and then if you are playing from the music chart using ForScore, how can you have a setlist that triggers your AX8 to change patches at the same time since depending on the transitions you don't have much time to do those...

I'm talking about using the FracPad to setup/tweak your presets and then if you are playing from the music chart using ForScore, how can you have a setlist that triggers your AX8 to change patches at the same time since depending on the transitions you don't have much time to do those...
looks like ForScore has a Button function and you can set it to MIDI, but it seems pretty limited. i don't think FS can communicate directly with FracPad. you'd probably need FS to send commands directly to the Axe.

looks like ForScore has a Button function and you can set it to MIDI, but it seems pretty limited. i don't think FS can communicate directly with FracPad. you'd probably need FS to send commands directly to the Axe.
Thank you Chris! I’m waiting for my midi Bluetooth and then I’ll dig into this.

FracPad has a performance mode where you can define sets and songs

FracPad has a performance mode where you can define sets and songs

What if I need to read music with the ForScore? I think I saw a video where an AXII was linked with Forscore so it will change the patches with every tune in the ForScore. But what if I have to change/tweak something, do you think it will give me connections issues since I'm running both apps through the same Bluetooth midi device?

What if I need to read music with the ForScore? I think I saw a video where an AXII was linked with Forscore so it will change the patches with every tune in the ForScore. But what if I have to change/tweak something, do you think it will give me connections issues since I'm running both apps through the same Bluetooth midi device?
Yes because the AX8 doesn't support multiple clients. On the AxeFx it should work

You can use BOTH ForScore and FracPad on your iPad - I gig this way. Here's how I do it: 1. Connect the AX8 to a Yamaha UD-BT01 Wireless Bluetooth USB to Host MIDI Adapter via a USB cable. ($50 bucks at Sweetwater). 2. On iPad run the app "Midimttr" by Matthias Frick, and click on "devices". 3. Locate UD-BT01 in Midimttr bluetooth midi device list and connect. 4. Open ForScore (you must preconfigure forScore to send a MIDI command when opening the song - In my case I had to determine the AX8 patch and enter that into forScore). 5. Open FracPad and it should connect to the AX8 via the UD-BT01 connection and if not you can manually select it under 'network'.

Once these connections are made and apps opened you can proceed go to songs in forScore and when you do, the patch on the AX8 will change. If you need to tweak your settings on the AX8 you will then go to FracPad on your iPad. When you focus on FracPad it will retrieve current preset from AX8 (about a 2 second delay) - you don't have to select the preset - it does it for you.

Once you are finished tweaking via FracPad you can jump back over to forScore on your iPad - rinse and repeat.

Hope that helps you.

Matt

Back
Top Bottom