Formant

AAEN

Experienced
Just saw that the K....r added a formant effect. Does the axe have a similar?It sounded cool on the pitched effects - AAEN

The Axe can't do the type of formant shifting/preserving recently added to the KPA. (A just-intonation harmonizer mode would be nice too...)

I believe the OP is referring to their newly added Pitch algo which uses Formant technology, not unlike the technology programs like Melodyne use which can result in more natural sounding pitch shifts than common Pitch Shifters (like Whammys etc). so the answer would be "no".

fair enough. the op didn't say anything about that and i'm not interested in what k*mper are up to.

The Axe-II & Kemper are amazing units. The inventors of both are seriously dedicated to keep updating & improving the units.

I enjoy owning & using them both. No one unit will ever do everything better. Great times.....

Cliff you need to now match or better what this new Formant tech adds to the KPA! lol

Last edited:
well ok, i suppose it depends. if they're trying to erase me from history by killing my grandfather ... then yes i guess i would be concerned

How would you act on those concerns? Is there something special about that roundhouse you rehearse in that you've not told us?

Cliff you need to now match or better what this new Formant tech adds to the KPA! lol
:)

their new Whammy setting actually does sound really good (made up for the rather "lacking" amp tone). also enjoyed the more processed stuff. not bad at all.

Back
Top Bottom