Formant trickery

If I understand your rig would be as follow :
You plug your guitar and your mic to the AxeFX and both use the same preset (with the formant) so when you play the guitar the formant block in the chain changes the sound of your voice from your mic.
The tube is here only for the show because it’s not connected.
Am I wrong ?
In this case the mic is not in the equation at all.

Ah Rocky Mountain way - cool,
Don’t worry about those perfect people- nobody likes them except themselves.
Thanks
Pauly

I've been playing around with the "man in a box" preset to see if I could eliminate one more heavy, infrequently used pedal from my board. I still ran the tube up my mic stand for " visual effect". ;)

Fractal Formant trickery - YouTube
The video is labelled Fractal Formant Trickery incase the link doesn't work. Apologies for sound quality, playing technique, my overall appearance and anything else that the perfect people notice.

Sorry Moke I probably don't understand what you mean by :
In this case the mic is not in the equation at all.
because I can hear effect talk box on your voice and that, I presume means you probably plug your mic to the AxeFX and this input should use the same preset as your guitar ?
Can you please tell me more about all the chain concerned by this effect talk box ?
I must play : Pigs (three different ones) from Pink Floyd David Gilmour uses a talk box (Heil sound) I would like to recreate same sound with the AxeFXIII.
I know now I must use a formant block controlled by an expression pedal then plug my guitar on imput 1 and what about my mic ?
May be on imput 2, both imputs uses same preset with the formant block. Is that you have done ?
I understand the tube is only here for the illusion.
Thank you for your expertise.

Last edited:
The mic and tube have nothing to do with the talk box effect, except for visual impact. What you’re hearing is all Fractal. My signal path is guitar to pedalboard to Axe FX to PA.

So you simulate to talk in front of the mic all the sound comes from AxeFX you made a very good work on this preset because it seems a real talk box indeed.
Is your preset available on Fractal exchange ?

Back
Top Bottom