Formant shift

Glad to hear this will eventually get revamped, I love the pitch block but improvement in formant shift will increase the realism of harmonies higher and lower of the input

Placing the pitch block before the cab block imposes the cab's formants on the signal, which are static and do not change as the pitch interval changes.

I look forward to formant shifting, but the pitch/cab block gives a pretty good result in the meantime.

It does seem to have improved. And it was a while ago that I did a comparison, but yes, posting the pitch block before the amp is different than after the cab.

It does seem to have improved. And it was a while ago that I did a comparison, but yes, posting the pitch block before the amp is different than after the cab.

Between the amp and cab is the best place....Unless you use two amp blocks and run a pitch block containing one and only one shifted interval (and with no direct signal) through one amp block and your unshifted guitar through the other. That might sound more natural, but you are limited to one-part harmony.

Back
Top Bottom