Formant block question.

TakaraGold

Experienced
Hi fellow fractalites and Fractal deities,
I've been wondering something with the formant block. Sometime ago I discovered how to use the Vocoder block on the AxeII. Installing a mic on input 2 and then modulating guitar sounds with spoken word. Essentially something familiar to the formant/talkbox universe.
Do you think it is possible to integrate the functionality of the vocoder to the formant block? Of course we would have no plastic hose, but maybe the microphone could perceive and modulate voice the same way as it does with the vocoder block. I've been able to make a couple decent sounding talkbox patches; but the control, feel and sound are very far from the real thing still. It would be so great to have a new-overhauled formant block.

Hello! Here are 3 of my preset with formants unit. 1. The main preset. pedal expression of management. 2. If you do not want to pedal control, adjust the envelop block under your guitar. 3. The preset as the first, but with the other formants. English is not my native language. All claims to the Google translator. I hope this is useful to someone

Attachments

• ALIBABA Pedal AA Q2.04.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 5
  • ALIBABA AVTO AA Q2.04.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 6
  • ALIBABA Pedal UIA AA Q2.04.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 5
Perhaps the vocoder block would be easier to improve upon for talkbox effects. If Boss can do it, then I am sure FAS can, too. The talkbox effect starts at around 10:20 in this video demo:

Back
Top Bottom