Forgive the NEWB question- regarding Cab Lab Lite and IR's

ghost219

Inspired
just bought the 4x12 Cab Pack 14 and I can't load it onto Cab Lab Lite. Is this handicapped on purpose to make you get the full cab lab? I'm I'm missing something, please fill me in.

Cheers,
Robin

Which kind of files do you have in the cabpack?

Cablab will not load syx files but rather wav or ir. Both should be provided in the cabpack. You cannot load the whole pack into cablab but rather you can start cablab lite and choose wav2syx, and that will batch convert all the iRs you need for Ax8. CabLab lite will not allow you to mix IRs, but it will do any other thing the full cablab can do.

Which kind of files do you have in the cabpack?

Cablab will not load syx files but rather wav or ir. Both should be provided in the cabpack. You cannot load the whole pack into cablab but rather you can start cablab lite and choose wav2syx, and that will batch convert all the iRs you need for Ax8. CabLab lite will not allow you to mix IRs, but it will do any other thing the full cablab can do.
Thanks for your reply. It's the American 4x12 can pack from Fractal. All of the .ir files won't load.

Thanks for your reply. It's the American 4x12 can pack from Fractal. All of the .ir files won't load.
Not sure what you are trying to achieve with Fractal Cab Packs and Cab Lab Lite - but maybe reading the manual might help:

"Cab-Lab 3 Lite is designed to allow users to easily convert .wav IRs to .syx for sending to an Axe-Fx II or AX8"

Fractal have already provided the .syx files for the AxeFx, if you want mix IR's then you will have to spend some more money.

Not sure what you are trying to achieve with Fractal Cab Packs and Cab Lab Lite - but maybe reading the manual might help:

"Cab-Lab 3 Lite is designed to allow users to easily convert .wav IRs to .syx for sending to an Axe-Fx II or AX8"

Fractal have already provided the .syx files for the AxeFx, if you want mix IR's then you will have to spend some more money.
I'm just wanting to try some new IR's. I'll get the paid Cab Lab later. I just want to mess with something now.

Thats great - IR's do make a huge difference - but you don't need Cab Lab to use the Cab Packs with the AxeFX or AX8

The first one is correct. You cannot load syx files to cablab, they should be loaded directly into Ax8.

I have no idea why the ir file will not load

I did already give the answer - but it fell on deaf ears
Sorry, friend. I haven't had time to reply. Thanks for your help, as well as all of you. I actually have time to try loading up the cabs with AX-Edit. Should work fine but fingers crossed...

Tools->Axe Manage Cabs. Right click on an empty user Cab slot then choose Import and the .syx IR you want from the User Cab SysEx Files directory (this directory is created when you extract the .zip file you downloaded from Fractal). repeat for the other empty user cab slots.

Tools->Axe Manage Cabs. Right click on an empty user Cab slot then choose Import and the .syx IR you want from the User Cab SysEx Files directory (this directory is created when you extract the .zip file you downloaded from Fractal). repeat for the other empty user cab slots.
got it figured out. Wish there was more room for cabs especially when there are over 200 IR's.

got it figured out. Wish there was more room for cabs especially when there are over 200 IR's.

AX8-Edit's Axe Manage Cabs has a couple features to help with that. The first is "auto-audition". If you set the current preset's cab to Scratchpad 1, and you enable auto-audition, you can quickly scroll through an entire directory of IRs and audition each of them without loading them into the AX8.

While scrolling through the list, hit the "F" key on your keyboard to mark an IR as a favorite. After you've gone through them, you can more easily decide which ones to load in.

AX8-Edit's Axe Manage Cabs has a couple features to help with that. The first is "auto-audition". If you set the current preset's cab to Scratchpad 1, and you enable auto-audition, you can quickly scroll through an entire directory of IRs and audition each of them without loading them into the AX8.

While scrolling through the list, hit the "F" key on your keyboard to mark an IR as a favorite. After you've gone through them, you can more easily decide which ones to load in.
GOLD. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom