For You Metal Guys

Just to clarify, I wasn't trying to match the original tone with this clip ;). I was just trying to dial in a decent Rectifier tone to my taste.

I used the 12.04 beta on this clip with Clark Kent's Orange 4x12 IR, and a Mesa Standard 4x12 IR made by Ownhammer. No Ultra Res stuff going on here!

Fabio KTG: I'm planning on releasing a few tones for people to download, so I uploaded this to show the patch with zero post processing. I'd obviously change it a bit EQ while mixing, but I didn't want to do that with this clip.

I think it sounds badass. Never heard the original. Just judging it on the tone. Obviously multitracked and mixed. Sounds great. What kind of guitar and pickups?

Just to clarify, I wasn't trying to match the original tone with this clip ;). I was just trying to dial in a decent Rectifier tone to my taste.

I used the 12.04 beta on this clip with Clark Kent's Orange 4x12 IR, and a Mesa Standard 4x12 IR made by Ownhammer. No Ultra Res stuff going on here!

Fabio KTG: I'm planning on releasing a few tones for people to download, so I uploaded this to show the patch with zero post processing. I'd obviously change it a bit EQ while mixing, but I didn't want to do that with this clip.

Cool to hear that people are using my IRs. :) I've also used that DI pack for IR testing. Here's one that IS NOT AXE-FX. This is purely done in my DAW so VST plugins all the way:

It's actually extremely weird how high quality Overloud TH2 sounds. I also re-amped a few albums as a service with the TH2 a year back when I still had my Ultra.

Cool to hear that people are using my IRs. :) I've also used that DI pack for IR testing. Here's one that IS NOT AXE-FX. This is purely done in my DAW so VST plugins all the way:

It's actually extremely weird how high quality Overloud TH2 sounds. I also re-amped a few albums as a service with the TH2 a year back when I still had my Ultra.

Now that's a TESTAMENT to your abilities! Great song and great tone! Well played sir.

Dude, your signature proves Cliff's point. This sounds excellent!

Sure. :) There are many good modelers out there nowadays. Obviously the majority of people in here think/know that the Axe-Fx is the flagship.

But then again... this thread started with a FW13 hype. What if I posted my clip and stated that it was the FW13 when it actually isn't even the Axe-Fx? I don't think people would've questioned it. But that would be a pain in the ass wouldn't it? ;)

It's called The Placebo Effect. Which is why I rarely rave over subtle FW improvements. Not that I doubt that it's better, but until I can hear an A/B comparison, it's hard to speculate on said improvements.

Would one of the Beta team be kind enough to post a comparison clip? Preferably a cover, so we can hear the original, pre FW 13 and FW 13 itself with Ultra Res?

Yeah it's actually pretty weird for me. I'm sure the FW gets better and better all the time but I don't know if it was psychology or something but I was extremely satisfied with FW10. I think I have to tweak a bit more nowadays... not a problem at all since the Rockerverb is one of my main amps and I want the correct values for it so I need the newest FW for that reason alone. :)

The thing for me is, there are a plethora of devices that sound great recorded in a mix. Some of those same devices sound great played back solo. Most of those devices fall down hard when played live. They feel shite. Now that's not discounting them at all. Everything has a purpose. The Axe IMO just seems to excel at most of them.

The thing for me is, there are a plethora of devices that sound great recorded in a mix. Some of those same devices sound great played back solo. Most of those devices fall down hard when played live. They feel shite. Now that's not discounting them at all. Everything has a purpose. The Axe IMO just seems to excel at most of them.

Yup!!!!

Everytime something sound pretty damn good, Clark is involved ;) .....nice!

Wow I don't know how to deal with all these nice things said about me. I'm more like the Simon Cowell of this forum. I guess I'll just put it in my signature... just to balance it out I'll have to add some negative comments aswell. :D

Back
Top Bottom