For us old guys...

Xarkon, I downloaded the manual from the fractal site and took it to office depot, they made copies and put it in a spiral binding, I forget what it cost but I believe it was reasonable.

Xarkon, I downloaded the manual from the fractal site and took it to office depot, they made copies and put it in a spiral binding, I forget what it cost but I believe it was reasonable.

I did the same on some real good paper, color, put nice thick covers on it - open ring binder. Still, i find i look at the pdf mostly because i am usually where a PC is near.

Thanks, but that's not the issue. The document is from firmware 15, last revised in 2014. I've heard there have been a couple changes to the firmware since then. :D

Generation Y over here. If there's a paper with more than two rows of text it's too much effort for me to read it. :D

I do however thing that a paper version of Axe-Wiki could really be something @yek could create. An Axe-Bible of sorts. That's where I go whenever I feel like I need assistance.

It has always appeared like the product is moving way to fast to keep updating the manual. In a poll
I bet most guys would vote against taking resources (people/ time) away from product improvements and testing to constantly update the manual. There is a guy on here who maintains a amp reference guide. IMO that is a must for everyone especially since usually changes Cliff makes are in the amp category

What is this "paper" of which you speak?

Newspapers_thumb%25255B3%25255D.png

It has always appeared like the product is moving way to fast to keep updating the manual. In a poll
I bet most guys would vote against taking resources (people/ time) away from product improvements and testing to constantly update the manual. There is a guy on here who maintains a amp reference guide. IMO that is a must for everyone especially since usually changes Cliff makes are in the amp category

But FAS should at least update the first page of the manual or create a read me doc that says the manual is outdated and no longer updated but you can find the info needed by going to, and then listing links to the Wiki and the Amp docs. A newb may find the Axe-Fx II a little overwhelming and shouldn't have to waste countless hours trying to figure out where to get the most up to date info or read the Firmware release notes since v15

Back
Top Bottom