For those with FW 10 issues.

Drama

Inspired
Enough with the passive aggressive posts.

Post your troubling presets and let people help you out. Better yet, post a quick clip and your patch, then others can do the same and you can compare. HELP US TO HELP YOU.

Also, enough with all the anecdotal bullshit. "Oh yeah, you need to stand one one leg, spin round three times and chant the release notes backwards while you update, I did it and the tone instantly changed for the better".

No. Just no.

Post the damn patches and get the right kind of help.

I honestly feel like this place gets consistently dumber with every FW update.

Delete this post, flame me, curse me out, whatever, I don't care. Posting dumb-ass threads about how the unit is ruined now or similar helps nobody, least of all yourselves.

Fix up people.

Once I receive my unit I will do this :)

Waiting with baited breath. I hope Canada customs and UPS don't mess things up!!!!

Any firmware update means changes.

Some changes will suit some and not others. Many, but not all, find mostly improvements and maybe a few compromises.

Not every update has worked for me; no big deal.

I don't undersand why it seems to be an issue using the firmware you like the most. How lucky we are that we have so many to choose from.

I suspect the issue that needs to be addressed is anxiety around maybe missing out on something by not using the latest firmware. In reality, I think using any firmware version we're rarely using anything close to the full capability of the Axe-FX, so there are always better settings we might overlook. If it sounds good, use it, I say.

To me these amps never sounded better on my current frfr rig. Cliff and his team have done an incredible job. I'd say his 80 to 100 hours a week for several months really paid off and then some. This man is on a mission and not to be reckoned with.

I'm having great difficulty bringing my clean Fender tones over from v7. The two amps are very different now and don't even work well together anymore. Trying to control the rage.

I dig v10. I haven't said it yet, but there. I said it. Still exploring. I might change my mind but I doubt it. The amps sounds great. Except for a few presets, I'm willing to rebuild or build from the ground up when necessary. I mean I'm more than willing to rebuild my meat and potatoes presets too. Thanks Cliff. Sorry for all the ungrateful noise around the forum. It just seems people go a little crazy. It must be a guitar player thing.

Also, enough with all the anecdotal bullshit. "Oh yeah, you need to stand one one leg, spin round three times and chant the release notes backwards while you update, I did it and the tone instantly changed for the better".

Drama, that should be a forum classic :p

As many folks have testified, the sounds "are" in the box with V10, though with so many individual different factors at play (i.e. different pick-ups, monitors, speakers etc.) unfortunately not everyone will have the same immediate euphoric experience.

Therefore, I for one would really like to see some tips / trouble-shooting / guidance on overcoming issues for when presets sound overly dark, bright or whatever - bearing in mind of course that the end result is subjective.

Thing is, the people that are happy with the firmware update are probably playing around with it non-stop, therefore having very little time to post here. I think the ratio of people that are happy with FW10 versus the people that are unhappy with FW10 is very much different than what the recent forum posts would have you believe.

FWIW, I haven't updated to FW10 since I haven't had the time to sit down for that yet. And it seems that after a few weeks or so severak of the issues/workarounds concerning FW10 have been found and reported. Makes it much easier for me to know where to start. :D

As many folks have testified, the sounds "are" in the box with V10, though with so many individual different factors at play (i.e. different pick-ups, monitors, speakers etc.) unfortunately not everyone will have the same immediate euphoric experience.

Therefore, I for one would really like to see some tips / trouble-shooting / guidance on overcoming issues for when presets sound overly dark, bright or whatever - bearing in mind of course that the end result is subjective.

If you post your setup, like how you monitor etc. and what kinda thing you're looking for I'll see what I can do. I'm thinking of making a bunch of presets thru different rigs when I have a couple days off next week. I have access to a ton of monitoring options so should have most all setups covered.

I'll try and do requests but priority will be on a few basic tones for different rigs. Ie a FRFR Clean, crunch, distorted and high gain, then the same set on EV's, QSC's, power amp/cab, KRK's, Adam's, SE Munro, Opals, Genelec etc.

I'm having great difficulty bringing my clean Fender tones over from v7. The two amps are very different now and don't even work well together anymore. Trying to control the rage.
Day and a half later, nailed the sound and gained some welcome warmth in the process. I wouldn't say that V10 amps sounds any "better" than V7 amps, but I like how they are more accurate with their real-world counterparts.

LOVING the bias tremolo!!!!

Back
Top Bottom