For those with Duesenberg Starplayer's

Home Skillet

Inspired
What cases did you get when you got your Starplayer? I ordered mine without a case because I figured I would get an SKB case that would fit it instead. As I'm still waiting for it to be delivered, I'm looking for a case and was hoping I could get an SKB but the more I keep hearing from stores is that nothing other than Duesenberg cases will fit. So for those with Starplayers, do you think this case would work? Thin Body Semi-Hollow Guitar Case | SKB Music / ProAV

I know this isn't a Starplayer but just for reference. Notice the cutout for the tremola.
sku_view_image.php

I know that when I bought my Starplayer TV in a local store in Dresden, germany, I tried several dozen of cases before I found one that fits good:

I think it was this one:
ZOUNDHOUSE | GCA-EA Western / Jazzgitarren Koffer

It doesn't have a cutout for the tremolo, but that isn't a problem as the tremolo can just be turned by half a circle towards the output jack and then pretty much fits perfectly into the case (the tremolo is bent upwards, so when you turn it, it doesn't take as much space). The guitar is not moving at all and the spring on the tremolo isn't pushed in closed state, so no tension is applied on your strings even if you close the case).

So, having said that: I'm pretty sure almost every case made for Jazz/semihollow guitars will fit.

A word of warning though, as a long-time user of Duesenberg guitars:
All Starplayer TVs have nickel hardware (without chrome). When not cleaned on a regular basis, the metal will lose it's initial shinyness very fast and will tarnish quickly. And once the metal is tarnished badly, no metal polish will ever restore it back to it's initial look again.
Duesenberg used nickel hardware on purpose, as many people dig the "aged" look (it's a vintage style instrument after all), but if you're like me and like to keep your guitars in near-mint condition for as long as possible, I recommend cleaning your guitar after every use or at least once in a week, removing all finger fat from the hardware.

Here's an article on that:
http://blog.duesenberg.de/?page_id=551

Last edited:
Thanks Zwiebelchen. I just recieved the Starplayer today, oh man it plays so well. I'm loving the unique tones I can get out of it. I will take your advice on the periodic cleaning, good thing my hands don't sweat much when I play.

good thing my hands don't sweat much when I play.
So do my. I have it for almost 4 years now and cleaned it on a regular basis and it still looks great. Not mint, mind you, but it still sparkles. Obviously, the parts you will frequently rest your hands on will start to wear out faster. I think the one thing that was tarnished the most so far is the small metal frame on the pickguard. But that's probably because I'm one of those guys who rests his pinky for better right-hand navigation.

Back
Top Bottom