For those who want to flatten the response of their headphones

Just tried Sonarworks with my DT880s. So awesome! It seems to have lifted a haze off of them. And, the frequency response emulation of other common devices is invaluable for testing a mix. Such a cool product, money well spent.

Nice they added the Beyerdynamic DT770 250 Ohm. I have a set of those. I'd be curious to see the difference.

I wonder what (if anything) this does besides providing a correcting IR for the speakers. That's no a minor task but the fact that it can be described in a single sentence that most AxeFx users can understand probably means it's not rocket science.

Sorry to bump this thread up.

What method would you use to monitor with the Axe-FX through this headphone/room calibration plugin?
I'm planning to purchase the room calibration plugin from Sonarworks but haven't been able to figure out how to accomplish this.

Thank you in advance, guys!

You would have to route and listen the Axe through your computer, which will add latency and most like makes the playing uncomfortable. I'd recommend using the plugin only while mixing recorded tracks.

I've done this myself at one point with my headphones and match EQ and all that... however the problem was: how do I use this EQ curve. Does this program create a global EQ for my PC? That itself would be huge but I don't think it's what this program does right?

You would have to route and listen the Axe through your computer, which will add latency and most like makes the playing uncomfortable. I'd recommend using the plugin only while mixing recorded tracks.

That's exactly what I was afraid of. Thanks for your reply, aziz!

I've done this myself at one point with my headphones and match EQ and all that... however the problem was: how do I use this EQ curve. Does this program create a global EQ for my PC? That itself would be huge but I don't think it's what this program does right?

Unfortunately, there's no standalone app available yet, only a VST plugin that you can put on the master bus of your choice of DAW.

Back
Top Bottom