• Sennheiser HD280
  • Sennheiser HD598
  • Sennheiser HD600
  • Sennheiser HD650
  • Sennheiser HD800
  • Shure SRH840
  • Sony MDR7506
  • Superlux HD681

The list is short for the moment but if you send them your headphones, they can measure and correct them with the plugin more precisely. Sometimes, the correction between left and right is important.

Last edited:
Neat, I have two of the headphones on this list. Pretty cool concept, I will check out the demo tomorrow to see how well it works. If the headphones end up sounding the same, that would be really cool.

How does it factor for differing pinnae on circumaural headphones? It seems that it doesn't account for this.

I find myself to be skeptical of this product as I'd rather not have one more layer in the way.
Why not just learn to mix on the headphones that you have? One still needs to learn how the mixes translate in the real world on differing playback systems. This plug-in doesn't change that fact. To be fair, it doesn't claim to do so either.

I breezed through the online material and I don't see anything regarding phase-shift being addressed in their EQ process.

This looks like an answer to a problem that few people have had over the last 60 years.

How does it factor for differing pinnae on circumaural headphones? It seems that it doesn't account for this.

I find myself to be skeptical of this product as I'd rather not have one more layer in the way.
Why not just learn to mix on the headphones that you have? One still needs to learn how the mixes translate in the real world on differing playback systems. This plug-in doesn't change that fact. To be fair, it doesn't claim to do so either.

I breezed through the online material and I don't see anything regarding phase-shift being addressed in their EQ process.

This looks like an answer to a problem that few people have had over the last 60 years.

Yup, many blame their monitoring system in mixes not translating well, and thats not the problem. The problem is that the mix sucks :p. Mixing is not a THAT precise process, with decent headphnes (regarding frec response) you are perfect. Some people (like me) dont like headphones because of the channels being isolated, but thats other thing.
Mixing is much more about the relationships between the instruments and the sounds itself, and that can be done without great precision monitoring, especially if you "calibrate" your "mix sight" by hearing a couple of records you know with those monitors.
Hope not to get stoned for this but: good sounds sound good everywhere. At every volume. low volume/high volume patches? No. Bad patches.

Funny contraption! The correction for Sennheiser HD600 is quite small, but it does flatten a spike in the highs. I've not noticed that before, but now A/B:ing it stands out. (And I did also test the plugin totally off to make sure it didn't add the crap itself. Sort of like BBE Sonic Maximizer does, worsening the "bypass signal". :) ) Now if I only could get this as a hardware so it's on with all signal sources, not just DAW!

Btw, HD600 correction curve was pretty mild, some other ones looked quite jumpy! I wonder if they can really sound good after so radical eq'ing.

Dammit, I forgot about this, and I wont be around a pair of M40's until the weekend. Will compare against 7506's then.

Different from far field listening to monitors and other audio systems a headphone's speaker is that close to your ear that your ear takes influence on the sound, besides other issues like compressed highs because of the pressure in closed headphones. Because of that measurings get made with an artificial head and artificial ears with microphones inside. To get a perfect flat response they'd need a3d print of your head and ears.

The nerdic part of the thread? Yes, it missed. :)

Different from far field listening to monitors and other audio systems a headphone's speaker is that close to your ear that your ear takes influence on the sound, besides other issues like compressed highs because of the pressure in closed headphones. Because of that measurings get made with an artificial head and artificial ears with microphones inside. To get a perfect flat response they'd need a3d print of your head and ears.

FINALLY we have a use for all those clones we've got laying around!

sweet! I'll be getting the trial for this as well as the monitor version. I'm using my FRFR Matrix CFR's for my reference monitors at my home studio.

On headroom.org you can see all current manufacture headphones. Simply EQ the inverse to result in zero at each EQ point.

Luckily the

• Sennheiser HD598
  • Sennheiser HD600
  • Sennheiser HD650 are open back !

Back
Top Bottom