For those using power amp and speakers...what speakers ya using?

Tremonti

Fractal Fanatic
Currently using the EVM 12L Classics. 200 watts and fairly flat response. But don't color things the way I want anymore. I think I want more mids and highs. They sound great but really shine at super high volume. Ideas for replacing in my Genz Benz 2x12 GFlex ported cabinet

1605920416604.png
Funny you mentioned G-Flex... this is my W/D/W setup... it sounds great to my ears... out 3 of my AxeFX III is right after the amp block.

2 vintage EVM12Ls that I believe are from the 80s. I haven't gotten to try the Axe 3 with my other cabinet that has 2 Celestion Redbacks yet.

Use digital stereo power amp into 2 1x12" Thiele/Smalls selfmade Cabs (similar to Mesa-Boogie) with Eminence Beta12LTA Speakers and Cab Sim ON.

Well broken-in Alnico Blue speaker. Great for clean and crunchy tones. Debatable for Marshall sounds, but I find the break up of the Blue speaker addictive and roll the gain back a little on my guitar sometimes.

Matrix GT1000 into a Matrix NL212 with 1 Celestion Neo Creamback and one Panama "Fauxnico" Alnico Blue clone speaker.

Last edited:
Peavey IPR-2 2000 into a fEARful 1515/66/1 with true-3-way x-over. Pictured on the left. My pedalboard has been replaced by the FM3. It will kick like a mule........ 🤘20191011_190821.jpg

Back
Top Bottom