For those of you that bang on about a 4x12 'pushing air'

GazzaBloom

Inspired
Found this clip of a dude playing a Gibson SG through a Marshall Plexi 50 and 4x12 very loud, he's getting feedback 20 feet away!:

I use an Atomic CLR and read many posts about FRFR not 'pushing air' like a real 4x12. Well this guys is 'pushing air' but how many of us have the ability to play at this kind of volume without causing a civil disturbance or riot? :shock

It's a great tone, I love it, but how do I replicate anything like than in my home or at a small gig? It has to be Axe and FRFR doesn't it?

The Axe-FX Plexi 50 High and a good IR will comfortably match this tone for home recording and at a lower and controllable volume. I wonder how many of the people that keep wanting to feel the pushed air really have the ability to play loud like this?

oh and see the thing on fire in the background....that's the mixing desk!

It's a great tone, I love it, but how do I replicate anything like than in my home or at a small gig? It has to be Axe and FRFR doesn't it?

So the AFX will do this, you just have to have the right physics in play. Possibly even QUANTUM PHYSICS! :mrgreen:mrgreen:mrgreen [see what I did there?]

So I get feedback when my guitar is facing (PUPs) the sonic direction that I am playing from through my studio monitors. You either need a monitor, studio monitors or FRFR in close enough proximity to replicate an amp's behavior when the guitar rings out a note in real life. It has to be represented "live" if you want the authentic feedback sound or simulate it like Mark Day accomplished in another thread.

In other words, if I can do it, you can do it mate.

So the AFX will do this, you just have to have the right physics in play. Possibly even QUANTUM PHYSICS! :mrgreen:mrgreen:mrgreen [see what I did there?]

So I get feedback when my guitar is facing (PUPs) the sonic direction that I am playing from through my studio monitors. You either need a monitor, studio monitors or FRFR in close enough proximity to replicate an amp's behavior when the guitar rings out a note in real life. It has to be represented "live" if you want the authentic feedback sound or simulate it like Mark Day accomplished in another thread.

In other words, if I can do it, you can do it mate.

It was reflective question to myself, not really asking how I reproduce this sound, I'm trying to highlight that the Axe (or other modellers) are the most practical option to be able to get the sounds of a high volume tube amp, in most settings, as not many people get to be able to play a Marshall plexi at high volume out in the street.

Back
Top Bottom