For those not on Facebook

SparkyG

Experienced
Matt posted this a few hours ago, interesting

M@ here... Just got to spend an hour playing through the latest version of Axe-Fx II 10.0 beta. WOW is all I can say. Now the models based on Fender and Vox type amps are just ~SO~ good. MIMIC=WOW. And... Axe-Edit 2.0 beta also made a very strong appearance! No Mac build to test yet, but real progress nonetheless. Thanks for your patience. This will be the best Fractal release _EVER_. Off to sleep... big day in the studio tomorrow creating new IRs for you.

This should be an awesome update for sure.

Matt posted this a few hours ago, interesting

M@ here... Just got to spend an hour playing through the latest version of Axe-Fx II 10.0 beta. WOW is all I can say. Now the models based on Fender and Vox type amps are just ~SO~ good. MIMIC=WOW. And... Axe-Edit 2.0 beta also made a very strong appearance! No Mac build to test yet, but real progress nonetheless. Thanks for your patience. This will be the best Fractal release _EVER_.

:| No Mac build to test yet = 'still coming soon' :lol

With all this teasing going around, 10.00 is going to be the best release ever, even if it doesn't live up to it's expectations :mrgreen

(NOTE: Not saying it won't, just stating my opinion)

I saw this on FB today and had a brief moment of panic as I run exclusively on macs. Not overly concerned though, and I'm sure it will be an awesome update. TBH, I'm still amazed by FW9 and feel that I'm still just scratching the surface.

...No Mac build to test yet...

Ahh - this is a shame. I hoped Fractal would have taken the route to developing a browser based software instead of separate solutions for PC and Mac. This way you would have been able to use AxeEdit on tablets (or even smartphones) as well as desktops. Personally I would not have minded if that route had taken one or two months longer considering the time we already had to make do without AxeEdit if we had the advantage of using tablets or smartphones... Maybe this will come at a later time though.

Ahh - this is a shame. I hoped Fractal would have taken the route to developing a browser based software instead of separate solutions for PC and Mac. This way you would have been able to use AxeEdit on tablets (or even smartphones) as well as desktops. Personally I would not have minded if that route had taken one or two months longer considering the time we already had to make do without AxeEdit if we had the advantage of using tablets or smartphones... Maybe this will come at a later time though.

I good concept, except for the MIDI part. You still need a platform specific library for communicating with the Axe-FX with minimal latency. The interface part of things can still certainly be done using HTML5/CSS3 etc. but you still need to interface to a MIDI library - and each computing platform has vastly different ways of achieving this unfortunately, so the codebase will have to be modified for Windows, OS X, Linux, iOS etc.

No Mac app yet. Is the (over)reaction going to be

aecf06b7_angry-mob1.bmp

or

panic_zps98fb45c8.gif

I good concept, except for the MIDI part. You still need a platform specific library for communicating with the Axe-FX with minimal latency. The interface part of things can still certainly be done using HTML5/CSS3 etc. but you still need to interface to a MIDI library - and each computing platform has vastly different ways of achieving this unfortunately, so the codebase will have to be modified for Windows, OS X, Linux, iOS etc.

Not to mention things like rotatable knobs aren't easy to do as their behavior requires a lot more thought than simple sliders. Also having to debug browser incompatibilities (IE 9 for example is still horrible) would take a lot more time.

I believe that Axe-Edit is written on an framework that is easy to port to different operating systems. That said, it would be nice to see an iOS/Android tablet version (phones aren't suitable for that kind of control) some day.

Back
Top Bottom