FOR THOSE HAVING ISSUES WITH 3.0x...

I think he gets it. He was just explaining that he didn't find it at first because he hadn't looked under "Settings." I have to admit, the location isn't 100% intuitive (though the documentation spells it out pretty clearly).
if the developers had decided to put it into AM, as has been suggested here, I'm sure a lot more people had complaint that they can't find it. also, when the "update" function was put into AE, the AM was still in development and is more or less meant to be the users librarian for patches, banks etc...

It really sounds like you are describing a bad cord. Not trying to be a troublemaker but I had one doing this to me that I thought couldn't be because it was relatively new and once I replaced it all was well in the world again.

Not unless a reboot of the Axe can somehow fix a bad cord. My observation:

* problem occurred with the laptop [Mac os X.5.8] connected [as of 12/7/11] all the latest Fractal drivers/software/firmware)
* problem did NOT occur without the laptop connected. [though my sample was small]
* have not as of yet been able to reproduce consistently,

However I'm gonna go out on a limb say that the mere fact that its frequency of occurrence and end result [crappy sound] present enough of a nuisance to the end user to be considered a defect - otherwise known as a bug. Now, whether it's a software bug, firmware bug, or hardware bug should be and hopefully is being pursued by Cliff et al.

I wish someone would be able to explain/isolate these issues... seems like this thread has a number of folks experiencing problems when AE is connected, but all the issues are intermittent. I've stopped using AE just because if there's a chance it'll corrupt a patch and I save it, seems it'd be a pain to figure out what went wrong. On the plus side, I've gotten good at editing with the front panel. :)

@endgroove: Did you try Cliff's suggestion of switching to a different preset and back again? If so, did that fix it? How about if you save the bad sounding patch to a new location (via front panel). Will it always sound bad when you go back to it? Might help figure out if the patch is corrupted or if it's something else.

@endgroove: Did you try Cliff's suggestion of switching to a different preset and back again? If so, did that fix it?

Actually, that was the first thing I tried before resorting to rebooting. It made no difference. The patch still sounded crappy, that said I did not pay attention to whether or not the patch I switched to also sounded crappy which might answer whether or not it's happening globally or locally.

How about if you save the bad sounding patch to a new location (via front panel). Will it always sound bad when you go back to it? Might help figure out if the patch is corrupted or if it's something else.

Good suggestion.

Here's what I'll do. Next time it happens, I'll post the theoretically corrupted patch along with the "pre-corrupted" patch. From there a comparison may reveal a difference. Even if it doesn't directly solve *why* it's changing, at least we can begin to narrow down *what's* changing.

Back
Top Bottom