For those feel 9.0 lost something.....

No. You will have to reset the amp block and back to load in proper default settings on parameters that didn't exist before; but it does not change your tones. Speaking to what Luke did here; trust me, never work your ass off on a beta that's 'missing' something... it's beta. Just hate to see folks spinning their wheels to fix things that won't need fixing once you get the final release. There's much more to what the release version of 9.00 does/works than was hinted at in 9.00 public beta. If you dug that beta, you'll really dig what's coming. ;) :D

thanks that's reassuring..
thing is.. I'm really liking 9.0b...

tried it through my backline the other day at gig volume and it sounded mental...
loving it...

Calling something vastly different also 9.0 makes no sense. A beta is to test and refine not vastly alter. It sounds like the next release shouldn't be the REAL 9.0 but rather 10.0.

I guess like the PRODUCTION (i.e. what you SHOULD be using) is actually 8.01b. 9.00 Beta is put out as a courtesy and an effort to bring the community into the process. There is NO guarantee that it will be minor changes. If you haven't been reading some of the threads, the X.XX numbering system is solely on Fractal's terms and may not make sense in a software production environment. It should not matter to us. It may be radically changed, or have very minor changes. We will not know until it drops. It may also hold a number like 9.5, or even 10.0. Again, we WILL NOT KNOW, and again, should not care.

It has been said before, and will be said again. If you have *your* tone with a 6.x, 7.x, 8.x, whatever. Stick with it. Fractal gives us this option. Just because there's a higher number does not mean it will work best for you.

Ron

Beta testing isn't so the users can get acquainted with the new product. It's so they can tell the manufacturer's what they like and don't like. Any time you install a beta product you are taking a risk. I've had my studio shut down more than once doing beta testing of software and firmware. Fractal has performed very well in this regard. For sure I wouldn't spend too much time dialing in presets. It can be totally different when it comes out.

I guess like the PRODUCTION (i.e. what you SHOULD be using) is actually 8.01b. 9.00 Beta is put out as a courtesy and an effort to bring the community into the process. There is NO guarantee that it will be minor changes. If you haven't been reading some of the threads, the X.XX numbering system is solely on Fractal's terms and may not make sense in a software production environment. It should not matter to us. It may be radically changed, or have very minor changes. We will not know until it drops. It may also hold a number like 9.5, or even 10.0. Again, we WILL NOT KNOW, and again, should not care.

It has been said before, and will be said again. If you have *your* tone with a 6.x, 7.x, 8.x, whatever. Stick with it. Fractal gives us this option. Just because there's a higher number does not mean it will work best for you.

Ron

totally makes sense...
the tough part though is that when the beta gets you all fired up.. it's hard going back.. lol..

Calling something vastly different also 9.0 makes no sense. A beta is to test and refine not vastly alter. It sounds like the next release shouldn't be the REAL 9.0 but rather 10.0.
I guess Cliff had multiple epiphanies this time ;) :D.
Always a good thing though :D

Beta testing isn't so the users can get acquainted with the new product. It's so they can tell the manufacturer's what they like and don't like. Any time you install a beta product you are taking a risk. I've had my studio shut down more than once doing beta testing of software and firmware. Fractal has performed very well in this regard. For sure I wouldn't spend too much time dialing in presets. It can be totally different when it comes out.

It's that, but the real goal is to 'break' it or find out what breaks when you work with it and uncover bugs. The feedback is part of it, no doubt. The main guiding principal behind beta is to find the bugs, report them in detail and allow the development to be as issue free as possible. Cliff allows the beta team to offer their opinion; but we don't ask/tell him what to do or how to do anything. Too many cooks in the kitchen spoils the soup.

I'm gonna be pissed if I wasted two weeks on this to just start all over.

It's a beta, it could change. Drastically if needed. This is why I haven't touched it even though I'm super excited about scenes, I don't have time to tweak everything and then start over once 9 final drops.

Cheers.

It's a beta, it could change. Drastically if needed. This is why I haven't touched it even though I'm super excited about scenes, I don't have time to tweak everything and then start over once 9 final drops.

Cheers.

+1

Input like what Luke found is part of what I think Fractal is looking for by offering the beta to the forum. That it may change, to any degree, is the nature of the beast. I do some beta work for Presonus and it is the same way if it gets to a public release; load and use at your own risk, send us some feedback, we'll use it at our discretion. I have to admit that I like messing with beta stuff, even when it doesn't quite work right, because it's at the front edge of what's out there. Beta 9 is kicking some butt so far.

Keep it coming, FAS. I love swimming in the ocean, even if I don't use​ all of it.

the one advantage to naming it 10 would be giving people the ability to roll back to 9 in the firmware modelling parameter so if someone really loves this 9 beta tone they can still have it. Also, it gives people like me a really nice way to see how things have changed by being able to flip back and forth between the modelling of 10 and 9. Either way I don't really care i'll take it no matter what it is ;)

I had been holding back from the 9 beta and patiently waiting for the official release. It's hard to wait but I kept myself preoccupied. I would not mind waiting for a bit longer if the Bad Cat will be included. The official release should be awesome.

Back
Top Bottom