For the love of pedals: What do you use with your Axe (Show us your pedals)

D.B. Walker

Inspired
I love pedals ... the axe does a lot to replace them, and yes I gig without them a lot. But that said, its fun to have knobs and buttons and wacky fuzz, and other things, to play with. So ... here is my AXE III with the current crop of noise makers on top.

What do you have tucked away in your rack?
IMG_0679.jpg

Thanks to my Axe FX III I actually have found a new appreciation for fuzz distortion and phaser effects but no desire to buy actual pedals to use with the III. I do get tempted to do a small pedalboard to hook up to my Tremoverb and maybe have that in a different part of the house or something.

Sold all mine, as well as my TC Electronics rack products. No need to have them anymore. And when I feel the need to twist knobs, I use the front panel of the AXE FX III😀

I have to keep the freqout, drop, hexe revolver, masf raptio, drolo stamme[n], and my bananana mandala. That said, I'd LOVE to get rid of everything if my ax8 (or someday soon to be FM3) could replicate them accordingly.

I use a FreqOut, Mimiq (which I love with the Axe), a Blackstone overdrive, and a KTR, which isn't necessary, but nice to have underfoot. I've always loved the sound of the Blackstone.

Keeping all my "unique" or expensive or hard-to-get pedals. KoT, Honey Bee OD, Korg SDD 3k, etc. I don't really use them, but it's nice to have them. No, the Axe has all I could possibly want internally. I think anyone that THINKS they still need external pedals (that do generic functions) just hasn't tweaked enough. Sure, there are some things the Axe doesn't do, but for everything else, there's Mastercard.

This has the shape of a big pedal, but you cannot stomp on it. Absolutely irreplaceable by the Axe-FX III (COSM AMP modeling aside). A keeper
VG99.jpg

Seymour Duncan 805. I liked the demo by Nick Johntson, so I bought it with the intention of cloning it with the Axe-FX III and selling it.
I have spent a lot of time tweaking, but I am not able to get the same tone with the Axe-FX. I've given up trying, so I will keep it

Seymour Duncan 805.jpg

If I could afford it, I would like to add the Eventide H9 Max and the Electro-Harmonix SYNTH9, B9 or MEL9,

Last edited:
Pedals were a curse until I found the axe-fx.
And they were so expensive, I sold them to buy the axe-fx and came out ahead. I did keep the BJF emerald green distortion machine though.

Back
Top Bottom