For the first time i had to retweak my presets after fw update

Tonewicker

Inspired
i have a song that i recorded the first half of it (with quantum 2.0 update) and when i sit to record the other half of the song (after the 2.1 update) i noticed the preset that im using on that song is changed almost dramatically. so i tried to tweak and get close to the tone that i used before but no luck i just frustrated because i was literally tweaking for an hour and still havent started actual recording.
then i just took a deep breath and decided to record everything from the start.. so i reselected my preset add some bass pull off some gain and recorded the whole thing again and you know what ? it sounds GREAT much richer than the old one when i A/B the recorded tones and happly finished my recording session! Lesson learned:
dont be scared by changes.
if i only approached the old preset like a new one things could be more easy

why i write this ? i see people everytime after new FW updates saying they need to change their presets and they are not happy about it and wanted to share my experience. i was never needed to retweak my presets after an update and now that i finally had to, i can understand the people that having the same issue. but i think it is not that hard/frustrating/critical thing to be demorolise yourself and be scared from new updates. just approach it differently if you had a problem after updates

As much as I love new firmware, if i am in the process of creating tones for recording, I lock myself into that firmware for that time period. Its not worth the potential wasted time. Or even a chance that it might add some complexity to the equation of what is going on. Plus I backup constantly in the off chance I mess up and need to restore.

i have a song that i recorded the first half of it (with quantum 2.0 update) and when i sit to record the other half of the song (after the 2.1 update) i noticed the preset that im using on that song is changed almost dramatically. so i tried to tweak and get close to the tone that i used before but no luck i just frustrated because i was literally tweaking for an hour and still havent started actual recording.
then i just took a deep breath and decided to record everything from the start.. so i reselected my preset add some bass pull off some gain and recorded the whole thing again and you know what ? it sounds GREAT much richer than the old one when i A/B the recorded tones and happly finished my recording session! Lesson learned:
dont be scared by changes.
if i only approached the old preset like a new one things could be more easy

why i write this ? i see people everytime after new FW updates saying they need to change their presets and they are not happy about it and wanted to share my experience. i was never needed to retweak my presets after an update and now that i finally had to, i can understand the people that having the same issue. but i think it is not that hard/frustrating/critical thing to be demorolise yourself and be scared from new updates. just approach it differently if you had a problem after updates

I noticed this also. I did a number of updates but never re selected my amp patches again. I noticed there were definitely changes upon doing this. I took a deep breath and made the changes. I had to adjust some of the tone and gain controls but for the most part it wasn't too bad. In the end the unit did sound better and I'm glad I made the changes. The axe fx keeps getting better and better and I am more than happy with it. And on it goes....

As much as I love new firmware, if i am in the process of creating tones for recording, I lock myself into that firmware for that time period. Its not worth the potential wasted time. Or even a chance that it might add some complexity to the equation of what is going on. Plus I backup constantly in the off chance I mess up and need to restore.
this is the professional way to handle any situation like this honestly, FAS or other gear.

Back
Top Bottom