For the curious - some Helix user feedback starts to roll in

Here's the biggest thing to remember: Axe FX users have been able to get better sounds than these demos for years now. Quantum simply sealed the fate of the contenders.

Very few of the demos and clips so far have impressed me, given the hype.

Demos: I'd love to hear what Tyler Grund would come up with. Burgs did a nice demo of the Amplifire. I'd love to hear what he comes up with using a Helix. Both guys absolutely rock the Axe FX!

Some real, solid tones. Only tones. With good IRs. Nothing else. No talking. No showing any features. Only pure tones. And zero hype.

This pissing contest is disgusting.
so many options to choose from - fractal, line 6 - and still not happy?
Or do we have to many options?
The best pissing contest is done with a 6 watt tube amp, clean channel, a rotten tele and a cable - and you, not to forget. Let´s hear what you have ;-)))

After careful "over anal"ization (that us guitar players are gifted at) of the missing facts from above units, I conclude that none of the above mentioned will make any of us better guitar players.

Unless of course I own the unit, or am toying with the idea of owning the unit.

I have also concluded that the only way many of us will become better musicians is when all letters and symbols of a pc keyboard are placed under the strings of a guitar fret board in various scale & chord shapes. Then we can all riff out our responses on the forum.

The winning or best none-factual post can then be decided by speed and accuracy of post (without spell check of course) but most guitar players will have a tough time because we only know 7 letters of the alphabet (and some less (5)). :p

It's easy to get caught up in all this stuff and many times I look at some of the old post' and LMAO (even my own :))

I prefer Black Liquorice! :D

Yes, black liquorice.

3e7d134dafded3a10a96dc7f30288f51.jpg

I get this at cost plus world market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, the epic thread on TGP has finally been (at least temporarily) shut down. The mods are doing the right thing there. People are already opening other threads. Some temporary bans are coming. I have to laugh. It's a product. One product. My goodness, the hype must have overwhelmed a lot of people to the point of insanity. Then again, it is the internet... I guess they will have to bicker on the Line 6 forum and probably Facebook.

So, the epic thread on TGP has finally been (at least temporarily) shut down. The mods are doing the right thing there. People are already opening other threads. Some temporary bans are coming. I have to laugh. It's a product. One product. My goodness, the hype must have overwhelmed a lot of people to the point of insanity. Then again, it is the internet... I guess they will have to bicker on the Line 6 forum and probably Facebook.

Glad I'm off those threads. My Helix is on its way and hopefully my AX8 won't be too far behind. Side by side. Cage match. I did pick up my Variax from my favorite local luthier (and yes, he is actually a luthier) and it finally plays like I want it (Always felt the nut was too high and there were some high frets.) I can actually see reasons to keep both for different purposes. But keeping both AND the FX8 is ridiculous. But so are the number of nice amps in my house when I only gig with a couple since my full size heads stay home.

i don't like lydian in my yellow ledbetter ripoff.

edit - hahahah! i have the worst internet at my day job and i was playing that video and thought "wow the highs on this helix demo sound way better than other ones..."

it turns out YouTube chose 144p - the lowest quality - which messes with the quality of audio. i forced 1080p and the highs came back... and sounded OUCH!!

That's when it matters; when they're in your hands.

I imagine you will keep one of the new units and your tube amps + FX8?

I sincerely hope you find what Axe FX users have grown to appreciate, but if you decide to keep the Helix, there will obviously be a number of good reasons for it. You've done your homework!

I've been through many modelers over the years and had quite the crazy collection of tube amps (including ones that cost plenty more than my Axe FX). It initially took me a while to make the decision, but I'm happy with my gear now.

Glad I'm off those threads. My Helix is on its way and hopefully my AX8 won't be too far behind. Side by side. Cage match. I did pick up my Variax from my favorite local luthier (and yes, he is actually a luthier) and it finally plays like I want it (Always felt the nut was too high and there were some high frets.) I can actually see reasons to keep both for different purposes. But keeping both AND the FX8 is ridiculous. But so are the number of nice amps in my house when I only gig with a couple since my full size heads stay home.

there isn't a tone in that video i'd be happy using...not hating on it, just saying...
Hey, at least your learned something new today: You don't like the four sounds that guy created.

It's good to have units (Kempers, Fractals, L6s, Atomics, TCs, Bosses, Tech21s, Two Notes, Digitechs...) with a million possibilities :D

Back
Top Bottom