for all you metalheads in waiting

I apologize if I made it sound like shredding is bad. I just think that you hit more notes than yngwie normally does and that's pretty extreme. My brain can't process so much shred at one time :shock

That is very generous to compare it to the great Neo-Classical Yngwie Malmsteen. I wrote "The Spider" when I was 19, some 20 years ago, and that fact alone, should prove that I was not trying to boast(show off), or promote myself as an artist. I have been using the Ultra in the studio for a year or so (owned by studio), and I purchased the Axe Fx II this last week, and I am truly exited to learn as much as possible to take advantage it's improvements, and I certainly don't want to offend anyone in the forum, as there is a wealth of knowledge here from which to learn from.

It's great to hear that the latency is gone. I certainly can't shred like that, but I did notice the delay on certain settings and with things like the synth (which I really don't use, but I've tinkered with it). Even though I'm much slower, I did notice the latency as well. Thank you very much for the information!

Someone over at Sevenstring.Org snagged one of the AxeFX II's and recorded what I would like to assume is the first "modern" hi-gain clip. Great playing also!

That is very generous to compare it to the great Neo-Classical Yngwie Malmsteen. I wrote "The Spider" when I was 19, some 20 years ago, and that fact alone, should prove that I was not trying to boast(show off), or promote myself as an artist. I have been using the Ultra in the studio for a year or so (owned by studio), and I purchased the Axe Fx II this last week, and I am truly exited to learn as much as possible to take advantage it's improvements, and I certainly don't want to offend anyone in the forum, as there is a wealth of knowledge here from which to learn from.

I suspected it was you John, with your Super Avanti guitar in your signature there. Now I know it is :) Wow, the next Shred Fest will be like 50% (or more) Fractal-generated tones hahaha.

I would offer to send you all my presets but they're on the older Ultra, which I'm still going to keep for probably a year or so. I will eventually upgrade but not in a hurry because it does everything I need and more.

Now if Fractal offered an upgrade option (like sending in the old hardware) I would do that NOW. But I think it's unlikely to happen.

FWIW, I've never noticed any latency on the Axe-FX and I play plenty fast. The synth block sure has latency, but I never use that.

Last edited:
I suspected it was you John, with your Super Avanti guitar in your signature there. Now I know it is :) Wow, the next Shred Fest will be like 50% (or more) Fractal-generated tones hahaha.

I would offer to send you all my presets but they're on the older Ultra, which I'm still going to keep for probably a year or so. I will eventually upgrade but not in a hurry because it does everything I need and more.

Now if Fractal offered an upgrade option (like sending in the old hardware) I would do that NOW. But I think it's unlikely to happen.

FWIW, I've never noticed any latency on the Axe-FX and I play plenty fast. The synth block sure has latency, but I never use that.

Hey buddy!
I was hoping to run into you here!
No, the latency was not in the Ultra, but in general, concerning all modeling amplifiers.
The Ultra is the best thing out there in regards to note tracking, before the AXE II came along, which is an improvement.

I think all of us on SHRED FEST use AXE FX now, Let's see theres Brian Hunsaker, John Jaunese, George Vargnese, Jeffrey Ryan Smoots, Ed DeGenaro, Giles Smyth, Mark Dance (in studio), who am I missing?
Anyways those reading can go to Home to see the axe users and the insane shred there. I have not even told anyone here about shredfest yet....till now!

Hey buddy!
I was hoping to run into you here!
No, the latency was not in the Ultra, but in general, concerning all modeling amplifiers.
The Ultra is the best thing out there in regards to note tracking, before the AXE II came along, which is an improvement.

I think all of us on SHRED FEST use AXE FX now, Let's see theres Brian Hunsaker, John Jaunese, George Vargnese, Jeffrey Ryan Smoots, Ed DeGenaro, Giles Smyth, Mark Dance (in studio), who am I missing?
Anyways those reading can go to Home to see the axe users and the insane shred there. I have not even told anyone here about shredfest yet....till now!

haha awesome! I knew Smoots wanted to get one, but wasn't sure if he ever pulled the trigger. The only possible Fractal holdouts on the ShredFest may be Ed 2 Shred and Sultan of Shredd. Unless they have decided to pick one up as well and we just don't know it yet :)

Back
Top Bottom