For all the Les Paul folks out there

I took my Les Paul to my luthier and he worked on the nut slots. It now stays in tune very well. Even the G string.

I had bought a String Butler in case the luthier couldn’t fix the nut. But he did, so I never ended up installing the String Butler.

I took my Les Paul to my luthier and he worked on the nut slots. It now stays in tune very well. Even the G string.

I had bought a String Butler in case the luthier couldn’t fix the nut. But he did, so I never ended up installing the String Butler.
My same experience. Have your guitar set up professionally, and learn how to tie / wrap your strings properly - resolves the issue.

Not only are Les Pauls set up at the factory, they are pleked.

The frets on my 2019 Les Paul Classic are great, so I credit the Plek machine for that. The only issue I had was with the poorly cut nut, which resulted in unstable tuning and uneven string height. My luthier fixed all that.

I did end up removing the circuit board and 57 classic pickups. I wanted pickups that were tighter in the low end, especially in the neck. I got a set of Lindy Fralin Pure PAF pickups and had the controls wired for 50’s wiring. I highly recommend Fralin pickups.

My Les Paul now sounds amazing and is one of the best guitars I’ve ever played.

My LP is a weird one. It's the HP model, so it has that adjustable titanium zero fret. It did have the G Force tuners originally, but that came off and replaced with some Hipshot lockers. Wide/flat fretboard, and the nut spacing is a little wider. I'm not sure which part is more responsible for it, but it stays in tune way better than my Traditional did. Crazy sustain.

The frets on my 2019 Les Paul Classic are great, so I credit the Plek machine for that. The only issue I had was with the poorly cut nut, which resulted in unstable tuning and uneven string height. My luthier fixed all that.

Doesn't plek make nut adjustments too?

Yep, a properly cut nut makes all the difference!

PLEK is just the replacement of a highly skilled craftsmen that does perfect work with a machine that only gets acceptable results, and marketed as a great improvement. Better for corporate bottom dollar to buy a $100k machine and pay some unskilled laborer to load it, than have someone who actually knows anything about guitars working in their factory at a respectable salary.
And they wonder why they’re failing...

PLEK is just the replacement of a highly skilled craftsmen that does perfect work with a machine that only gets acceptable results, and marketed as a great improvement. Better for corporate bottom dollar to buy a $100k machine and pay some unskilled laborer to load it, than have someone who actually knows anything about guitars working in their factory at a respectable salary.
none of your statements are accurate or factual

Supporting evidence?

Back
Top Bottom