Footswitch with presets

mista335

Just got my Axe FX II XL+. Couldn't unplug and return my Boss GT-1000 fast enough.

One problem driving me crazy however is when I connect a footswitch to pedal 1 to just advance the preset by one it just goes back to patch number one.

I'm on say patch 250, press the preset to go up and it just goes back to patch no 1.

In the i/o menu i think, under pedal. you can select it to increase or decrease preset. Then you have to select 2 options: the start and stop preset. so set the start to your first preset, then set end to your last one. It will cycle through 2, 3,4, 5 then back to 2 when you hit the button on the footswitch. Also you have to tell the axe if it is momentary or latching. Hope that helps. I may not have the wording correct because I am not in front of my axe right now.

In the i/o menu i think, under pedal. you can select it to increase or decrease preset. Then you have to select 2 options: the start and stop preset. so set the start to your first preset, then set end to your last one. It will cycle through 2, 3,4, 5 then back to 2 when you hit the button on the footswitch. Also you have to tell the axe if it is momentary or latching. Hope that helps. I may not have the wording correct because I am not in front of my axe right now.

Thanks for that but if I'm on patch 250 and I press it it'll still just goes back to 1 not 251.

Do you think if I get a MIDI foot pedal I can advance past patch 127?

Yes. The AxeFX has a MIDI mapping feature, which is what you would use to do this. When your MIDI controller sends a program change, the AxeFX can map that to one of its presets. So for example, when I have my controller send a program change of 1, I have it go to preset 391. 2 takes me to 409. 3 takes me to 409 but scene 2. This is in the I/O menu, on the MIDI page. This feature is disabled by default but you can turn it on in that menu by changing the MIDI Mapping value from "NONE" to "CUSTOM". You can then provide a MIDI program number, a preset that should correspond to that program change, and a scene within that preset (default is 1). I'm doing this from memory, so I apologize if I didn't get the parameter names exactly correct but that should get you going. If not, I can give you more detailed instructions later on when I can sit down and look through the menus.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom