Footswitch Topper Suggestions?

Not trying to hijack the thread…….but do those Mooer toppers fit the old MFC switches?

cheers
Søren
If the FC-12 switches work for Axe II, they might. I do know that external stand-in NC Momentary Soft Touch's from www.lovemyswitches.com will not work with the Mooer toppers (switches are too large a diameter).

@Joe Bfstplk had mentioned somewhere in previous posts that he might need to locate a 3D printer for making up toppers that would fit the ext SW and his MIDI switcher device.

I've not heard much additional to what Joe said about creating some toppers that would fit. His knowledge as well as @unix-guy's is relatively comprehensive regards what will and what won't fit, MFC's included.

If the FC-12 switches work for Axe II, they might. I do know that external stand-in NC Momentary Soft Touch's from www.lovemyswitches.com will not work with the Mooer toppers (switches are too large a diameter).

@Joe Bfstplk had mentioned somewhere in previous posts that he might need to locate a 3D printer for making up toppers that would fit the ext SW and his MIDI switcher device.

I've not heard much additional to what Joe said about creating some toppers that would fit. His knowledge as well as @unix-guy's is relatively comprehensive regards what will and what won't fit, MFC's included.
I never used the toppers with the MFC but I have my old one (currently owned by the other guitarist in my band) upstairs in the music room with my FC and FM9.

I'll check tomorrow and see if they fit.

And, yes, definitely do not fit the switches from lovemyseitches.com :(

Sounds like they are the same 7/16" or 11mm size as the ones I had on hand from the pedal-builders' supply place.

Chad at CEBA measured one of my switches, and custom-made a handful for me. He probably still has the measurements....

I never used the toppers with the MFC but I have my old one (currently owned by the other guitarist in my band) upstairs in the music room with my FC and FM9.

I'll check tomorrow and see if they fit.

And, yes, definitely do not fit the switches from lovemyseitches.com :(
Thanks, guy. It's too bad that www.lovemyswitches.com has oversized diameters. I don't fault them and can't complain since I really didn't know anything about them when I first purchased, other than I needed NC Momentary Soft-Touch's. I'm wondering if there aren't some other topper makers that can work for this application (the external stand-in's, that is...)

Thanks unix-guy - looking forward to it.

Cheers
Søren
Forgot to post last night.

The Mooer mushroom toppers do fit on the MFC switches but they don't "latch" on.

The "head" of the switch must be too tall to allow the topper to "grab"... So, they would fall off easily. :(

Sounds like they are the same 7/16" or 11mm size as the ones I had on hand from the pedal-builders' supply place.

Chad at CEBA measured one of my switches, and custom-made a handful for me. He probably still has the measurements....

AWESOME! Thank you. I'll check with both websites and see if we can't get Chad to put something together for the FAS external stand-in users...
Emailed Chad last night...Chad had said that because of his backlog of orders, and because re-tooling his machines was too much bother, he was unable to produce any custom toppers that would fit external footswitches with dimensions other than what FAS produces. Plz don't shoot the messenger...😔

Are there alternatives for external switches with 10.9±0.2mm tolerances? (Essentially, 11mm...)

Emailed Chad last night...Chad had said that because of his backlog of orders, and because re-tooling his machines was too much bother, he was unable to produce any custom toppers that would fit external footswitches with dimensions other than what FAS produces. Plz don't shoot the messenger...😔

Are there alternatives for external switches with 10.9±0.2mm tolerances? (Essentially, 11mm...)
Barefoot buttons has 'big bore' buttons, in very limited colors. :/

Sorry to hear about the grandma...104 is a tough age to try to recover from surgery and do the PT...

I just thought to let you know that my 84 y.o. Mom broke her upper femur close to the hip back early October, received the surgery (docs said it the "best possible type of break one could hope for; easily fixed, minimally invasive, little to no blood loss.") Mom had the surgery done without receiving any blood or plasma.

Mom was transferred to a nursing home about 4 days later and stayed there for just under a month's time. November 4th, Mom was released to her apartment and used her walker for the first several weeks, then as her PT nurse said she could moved towards a cane. Mom eventually received the green light to be able to drive to her PT appointments, as well as do minor shopping trips, just so she didn't put too much weight on the leg when lifting or carrying.

Mom now can make it about her apartment without a cane, but tends to recognize that she walks more "intently," aware of her steps, how she turns and how much weight-bearing she can manage. Mom, at age 84, God bless her, expects to make a full recovery as the injury heals and things clear up for her.

Mom was exceptionally stressed about what the future would bring. I reassured her that it's "how well you apply yourself just so you know when not to overdo things. If you get tired from PT, snooze a little in the afternoon before dinner. This isn't a sprint, it's a marathon, and I hope both you and I can cross the finish line when we need to. Until then, endure, and just strengthen what you've already got."

Mom cracked a wry smile and said, "Bob, you'd better darn well learn to cook better and stop begging for ingredients from my larder. Jeez. Let me have some dignity, ya know?"

That was November 10th. Just prior to then with Mom's blessing, I purchased an FM9 that we both deemed a reward for my putting up with Mom when she wasn't in best form. "Ya earned it, mister," she said. "Spend your money with what you'll enjoy, cuz ya never know what the next day will bring."

So, that's my story. If my Mom will be anything like your Gram in about 18 years, I'd just be happy we've both got them still with us for a time. Once they're gone...yeah...
Hi,

Thank you for your kind response. My grandma is doing a bit better, but it is only a matter of time. Not meaning to be pessimistic, but she is 104. According to the interwebs less than 1% (.06% according to one website) of world population lives past 100 years old. So she is in the upper 1% in terms of longevity. It does not make it less painful to lose her. But none of us make it out of here alive, and she has had a good life. Happily married for over 70 years, very well traveled, and lives in a nice retirement community. All this being said your words of encouragement are appreciated.

My mom is amazing. She studied ballet when she was in her 20s and has remained very active. She was in so much pain for the first 2 weeks after the surgery I wasn't sure if she was going to give up. But she is already driving herself and walks up and down 44 steps to get to and from her house from the street. She is doing really well, so I feel very positive about her recovery.

I never did open my FM9 and try the caps. I think that I have a block on it for some reason. I have my FM3 and FC-6 in the living room for noodling and practicing. I have stuff for a pedal board that I was going to put together. I guess that I'm just not ready yet. Maybe tonight . . . I bought it because my turn came up in the wait list and I had the money saved. We'll see what happens.

Not trying to hijack the thread…….but do those Mooer toppers fit the old MFC switches?

cheers
Søren
Not sure if the Mooer toppers fit the MFC-101. I used a FCB-101 when I had my AX2. I purchased an FC-6 at the same time that I bought by my AX3. I'm sure that someone else has tried them, but I couldn't say who.

How did they come up with that company name? Check out that cow, she’s a real “mooer”…
Not sure. Mooer is a Chinese business; perhaps something was lost in the translation...they were able to put readable type names on their products...Candy, Shroom, etc...no stranger than some pedal builders' product names these days, I'd guess...shrug...?

Am currently awaiting a small envelope from Hawaii containing the Barefoot Buttons I'd ordered. Scheduled to arrive Saturday 01/29, but not worried if they arrive early next week. I've got an afternoon open Saturday, so it would be nice to see the envelope arrive then. If not, will make time for the project...

These look interesting - they have the 'shroom top built right in, and mount in a 16mm (5/8") hole:
Amazon product ASIN B09LHMP9TBAmazon product ASIN B09LHMY5Q5

These are smaller and lower-profile, would be good for mounting right at the heel of a controller pedal, if regular height switches get in the way in that location, and are available in 4 different colors;
Amazon product ASIN B07R2C4XSZ
Joe,
Not to toss water on this, but the switches are push and hold ON, release, OFF. Not sure that they toggle ON/OFF. More likely used for a horn or momentarily ON switch...

Back
Top Bottom