Footswitch MIDI notes?

rusty

Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone knew if or how I can use some of the footswitches on the ax8 to send midi notes? I want to control my multitrack looper ipad app without connecting a separate midi pedal (fcb1010). It's just a whole lot of real estate!

Ideally I could choose my preset and the bottom 4 buttons would operate my looper setup and the top 4 would be fx on off etc...

Thx guys

It cannot.

Most midi controllers (which the AX8 isn’t anyway) don’t send midi notes. Just PC and CC commands.

I figured. I send midi notes from my fcb1010 right now. I'm also aware that the ax8 isn't a midi footswitch, however I was hoping for the possibility even if it was a cc.

RJM, Liquid Foot, Morningstar MC6, Nektar Pacer, Helix, HX Effects, Looptimus, can all send MIDI note messages. Even the MFC101 can send MIDI notes (programmed as raw hex though).

But you’re correct, the AX8 is not a MIDI controller.

RJM, Liquid Foot, Morningstar MC6, Nektar Pacer, Helix, HX Effects, Looptimus, can all send MIDI note messages. Even the MFC101 can send MIDI notes (programmed as raw hex though).

But you’re correct, the AX8 is not a MIDI controller.
Those are relatively new, so I guess it’s finally become a standard. Most slightly older controllers won’t.

The Gordius Little Giant sends all of this midi as...imagine this...actual midi!

47349470931_5d5589150e_o.png

Back
Top Bottom