Footswitch issues

TimMcG1011

Inspired
Hi all,

I've had my AX8 for about two years now and with a lot of use I noticed that two of the footswitches are no longer easy to press. They get "stuck" at times and I have to use more force to get a particular block/effect turned on or off. Anyone else experience this after a lot of use? Fairly typical with heavy use, but I'm hesitant to open it up and replace the footswitches. Contact cleaner? Something else others have tried?

Thanks in advance for ideas.

The switches are spring loaded that contact the PCB board and easy to replace as they do not require soldering. The reason why I know this is that one came loose and I opened my AX8 to tightened it up. I would call Fractal and order replacements.

In Costa Rica here near the ocean is havoc on parts, I use contact spray often and then I use lemon oil wet on a rag and wipe down all around the footswitches, could be just some corrosion

FAS Support recommends a little white lithium grease. Not spray. It worked for me.

Apply a little bit of white lithium grease to a cue-tip and apply sparingly to the switch shaft. I had a couple of 'crunchy' AX8 switches and that fixed them right up. I greased all of the AX8 switches and do that every year or so now....

Back
Top Bottom