Wish footswitch colors when cycling channels.

+1

If possible, it would be nice to change ring colors based on the control switch state. For instance, if I assign a control switch as a latching hold switch, an LED color change would be a nice visual to see if active or inactive.

This could also be added as a feature in the FC controllers.

+1

If possible, it would be nice to change ring colors based on the control switch state. For instance, if I assign a control switch as a latching hold switch, an LED color change would be a nice visual to see if active or inactive.

This could also be added as a feature in the FC controllers.
Latching control switches cause the LED to be bright when active and dim when inactive. That's pretty visual ;)

Latching control switches cause the LED to be bright when active and dim when inactive. That's pretty visual ;)

True, but that only works for the primary Tap function right? Regarding the secondary Hold function, am I mistaken to say there is no way to tell if active or inactive? Other than a brief message that is displayed on the FC controller.

If true, my thought is it might be helpful to change the footswitch colors if that secondary Hold function is active / inactive.

True, but that only works for the primary Tap function right? Regarding the secondary Hold function, am I mistaken to say there is no way to tell if active or inactive? Other than a brief message that is displayed on the FC controller.

If true, my thought is it might be helpful to change the footswitch colors if that secondary Hold function is active / inactive.
The LED ring only reflects the Tap function status. This wish isn't related to that...

This is a big wish for me, and I use a workaround that may not be obvious to some. I won't bother pasting my preset because it includes outboard gear in the loop. Essentially, I have a two state use case, using Cooper Carter's Amp In The Room example:

• Cab is On and Filter / GEQ blocks are off
  • Cab is Off and Filter / GEQ blocks are on.

All three bypass states are controlled by Control Switch 5 so the two states operate as I want (one on, two off or two on, one off). This is so I can easily compare diff cabs to the filter block and EQ / tweak much more easily. The thing is I'm not sure where I am and I don't like an off ring color, so:

In Layout 3, I have a control 5 latching switch that has a green ring for Cab on. I then use a layout link to go to Layout 4, where I have a switch in the same position, except this has a red ring. This one has a layout link that takes it back to 3. Not perfect, but you get the idea. If you're careful, methodical, and have the layouts, you can do this with channels as well.

Back
Top Bottom