Footloose style patch anyone?

Secret80'sMan

Experienced
Having a heck of a time dialing in a patch like the tone you hear on Kenny Loggins' Footloose. For the life of me I'm not even close. I go direct to PA so I would need a patch with amp and cab dialed in using bridge single coil. Are any of you guys feeling charitable, in the holiday spirit and able to help a brotha out?

Glad to know comedy is alive and well here, I guess I asked for that. Well played with the Kevin Bacon reference. Anybody else able to help or should we move on to Christopher Penn jokes?

I can guarantee that anyone who likes this song will not care what guitar, amp, tone or effects you use to play it. If it was me, I'd used a Djent patch for shock value. No matters, people will still dance to it.

I would be interested to know what guitar and amp was used for that guitar line. Probably a Fender Twin and tele and/or hollow body 335?

Glad to know comedy is alive and well here, I guess I asked for that. Well played with the Kevin Bacon reference. Anybody else able to help or should we move on to Christopher Penn jokes?
In reparation for my unsolicited witticism, I'll see what I can come up with.

Clean Fender type amp set to just on the edge of breakup. Some 80's chorus. Room type reverb...mix maybe around 25% with a short time setting. Maybe a little slap-back delay. Maybe a compressor in front.

Pick close to the bridge on a guitar with a single-coil in the bridge position.

I'm playing that song on Bridge/Middle on my Strats. The recording could have a DI sound mixed in...

Clean Fender type amp set to just on the edge of breakup. Some 80's chorus. Room type reverb...mix maybe around 25% with a short time setting. Maybe a little slap-back delay. Maybe a compressor in front.

Pick close to the bridge on a guitar with a single-coil in the bridge position.

Adam,
Thanks for the advice. It was very helpful although the Class-A 15w TB ended up being the ticket. Sample from recording with the band earlier today is here along with the patch for anyone who wants to rock like Kenny. Headband is optional but necessary if you really want to do it right.

Attachments

• Footloose.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
Link updated, sorry everyone. Give it a listen.

I'd love to just embed files into the thread in the future instead of linking to sound cloud. How can I embed a sound cloud file in my post so you guys don't have to leave the forum to listen? I thought I saw a tutorial on here at one time by my search yielded nothing.

Last edited:
You can put soundcloud and /soundcloud between brackets []
Then put the link in between. If you use the more elaborate reply/post editor there is a link on top that does that automatically.

So that's what it is! I'll try that tonight at rehearsal. Thanks Merlin and Adam.

Did the rest pass the muster? How about the tone?

Last edited:
Sounds good. I play it a bit differently (especially the intro, and I double some bass-licks in the chorus), but it works the way you do it.

Back
Top Bottom