Football/Soccer - Your bets here ;)

Zwiebelchen

Fractal Fanatic
So who's gonna make it this time? All I know is that it ain't portugal or spain after getting their asses wiped big time. That's for sure. ;D

I always tend to root for the place that arrange all this madness (no matter what sport it is). They deserve the success after painstaking arrangements and all. So Brazil it is

Hoping: The Netherlands.
Betting: Brazil, or Germany.

Hoping: USA
Betting: Brazil

Biggest loser: Newtons Laws of Motion. :lol I am always amazed at how players will look like they were shot out of a cannon when fouled by an opponent only to see that they were never even touched on the replay. I thought the NBA was getting ridiculous with all their flopping but football/soccer players take it to a whole new level.

Hoping: USA
Betting: Brazil

Biggest loser: Newtons Laws of Motion. :lol I am always amazed at how players will look like they were shot out of a cannon when fouled by an opponent only to see that they were never even touched on the replay. I thought the NBA was getting ridiculous with all their flopping but football/soccer players take it to a whole new level.
That's a big problems specially with Latin players, be it from Europe or South America. I remember Christiano Ronaldo in 2006, diving systematically even if the closet opponent was like a meter from him AND looking at the referee even before he completely touched the ground

Besides France, I like to support the underdogs. I'm also behind USA and Belgium this time. Or at least, almost any team which never won the world cup

I think there will be too much pressure on Brazil who look a little fragile so unfortunately I think it will be Argentina or, more likely, Germany. Of course I would love Engerland to do it but, well,.................................;):ambivalence::blue:

As an outside bet I reckon Belgium could put in a good run but failing that I'd like the Netherlands to win it just for the sake of 'total football' (even though Robben and Van Persie have enormous egos).

That's a big problems specially with Latin players, be it from Europe or South America. I remember Christiano Ronaldo in 2006, diving systematically even if the closet opponent was like a meter from him AND looking at the referee even before he completely touched the ground

Holy words, this is the reason why I can't stand anymore in front of my tv watching a soccer match... Sometimes they look like actors more than players....

Back
Top Bottom