Foot Controller

Qrious

I hope this is not heresy in this forum, but, is anyone using something other than the MFC as your foot controller source?

I hear that there are alternatives. i.e. the Ground Control.

There are lots of people using lots of different midi controllers.

I started with a Ground Control (both the original and Pro), but they were not flexible enough (to me) for my use with the Axe Fx - even though I've them for years and they always worked great with my other gear.

I moved to a Behringer FCB1010 +UNO chip, which was more programmable in some ways and far cheaper... But I found the lack of some features, plus the somewhat "generic" controller pedals less than optimal. On the plus side, there is a really good software editor available for FCB+UNO!

I seriously considered a BJ Devices TB-12, but wanted something with a software editor (after seeing the benefit of the one previously mentioned).

I looked at the Liquid Foot stuff but it seemed too large and/or expensive.

Ultimately I decided on the Gordius Little Giant, and found a good deal on a used Big Little Giant... It is really great. Nice editor (same guy who wrote the FCB editor created the Gordius stuff), and probably the most capable and programmable midi controller there is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The FCB1010 with UNO chip works great for me.
I really like that there are two built in exp.pedals in the board. Even though they are not super high quaily, they do their job.

Big Little Giant... It is really great. Nice editor (same guy who wrote the FCB editor created the Gordius stuff), and probably the most capable and programmable midi controller there is.
+1

The FCB1010 with UNO chip works great for me.
I really like that there are two built in exp.pedals in the board. Even though they are not super high quaily, they do their job.

For sure - for the money (especially used!) you can't beat it... :)

I moved to a Behringer FCB1010 +UNO chip, which was more programmable in some ways and far cheaper... But I found the lack of some features, plus the somewhat "generic" controller pedals less than optimal.

Sorry for the slight off topic but how can I adjust the expression pedals on the FCB1010? They are very loose and I want them to be much more rigid.

I used a Rocktron All Access touring model for a few years and have now retired it for an MFC. I plan on selling the Rocktron, PM me if you're interested.

If $$ isn't an issue, I can't speak highly enough about the Liquid-Foot line of pedals from FAMC. I love my Pro+.

They're pretty pricey though, but they're probably one of the most configurable controllers out there. There's also the Mastermind GT series, but they're even more pricey.

The FCB1010 seems to be a *very* popular option for the cost conscious though. Lots of folks using it with great success.

As you've already discovered, there are *lots* of viable options for controllers for the Axe. =)

Good luck.

I have an FCB1010 with the UNO that is for sale... Any interest just let me know .

Back
Top Bottom