Foot Controller

Alex Kerezy

Inspired
I was wondering two great Christmas mysteries
  1. What happened to the "December" release of the foot controller for Axe-Fx iii?
  2. Why didn't they include an expression pedal with the foot controller; just an FYI - one of the competitors has an expression pedal built into their product
Thanks!!

I already have plenty of EXP pedals so I don’t need or want to pay extra for a built in one.

Furthermore, who says what the best type of pedal is ? Short throw for Wah? Real long sweep for subtle mix adjustments ? How about a spring loaded option ?

Having up to 4 inputs allows users to set up exactly what they prefer, not sticking them with one option. Every controller I’ve had with built in pedals I hated.

M also mentioned a few units have shipped with more to come soon

1. What happened to the "December" release of the foot controller for Axe-Fx iii?
  2. Why didn't they include an expression pedal with the foot controller; just an FYI - one of the competitors has an expression pedal built into their product
Thanks!!
is December over?

Thanks!!
december isn't over.

what happens to a pedal that is permanently attached and then breaks? it's useless and an eyesore. and not everyone wants a pedal. and what if you want it on the left? and what if you want a wah style pedal, or instead a smoother volume type?

Thanks!!
1. No one outside FAS knows but they are working on other projects and I have a hunch that they are trying to accommodate some of the recent wishes/requests for the rollout of this much anticipated product. Also, I would guess that Cliff might be giving employees Christmas/NewYears time off.
2. I personally prefer to have my own choice of expression pedals and don't like mine parallel to the switch box, furthermore; I like to be able to break my gear down smaller for more flexible packing/loading. I'm sure some would like an onboard expression pedal but others would want it on the opposite side fractal would put it on, others would want a spring loaded pedal or longer throw etc...
Merry Christmas!

So how do you order this foot controller that is (supposedly) already shipping?

I didn't see it in their online store?

Exactly my point - putting together several posts - for all practical purposes, with the holiday December is over.

I do get the idea that there are many expression pedals, and allowing for an input gives users their choice.

I'm not quite convinced on breaking down your gear to make it smaller. Having it with the foot controller seems move convenient for gigging than having it separate. Less work tearing stuff down and putting it together. Less work = more convenient. Grant it that it may not mean the best sound.

I'm a violin play, so a foot controller is an absolute necessity for changing patches.

On a related note, given your trying to order a foot controller I can only assume your ‘in-store’ demo of the III went well, Alex ?

I already have plenty of EXP pedals so I don’t need or want to pay extra for a built in one.

Furthermore, who says what the best type of pedal is ? Short throw for Wah? Real long sweep for subtle mix adjustments ? How about a spring loaded option ?

Having up to 4 inputs allows users to set up exactly what they prefer, not sticking them with one option. Every controller I’ve had with built in pedals I hated.

M also mentioned a few units have shipped with more to come soon
Where is the post that some shipped out, I must of missed that

Why didn't they include an expression pedal with the foot controller; just an FYI - one of the competitors has an expression pedal built into their product

I have yet to use any built in expression pedal that I like. I MUCH prefer being able to use my Mission, Boss, and Fractal expression pedals.

Where is the post that some shipped out, I must of missed that

M mentioned in a different thread a few days ago they were hoping to get some out before taking a few days off for the holidays and then hopefully even more units will start shipping.

I’m not 100% sure if anything did make it out but at least sounds like a good chance a few lucky folks have soemthing in transit.
Here is the post:

In fact, we still hope to ship some FCs this week! Then, when we get back from the holiday break, we'll ship even more.

PS: Here, fall ends at 5:23 PM this Friday.

So there you go, some have indeed shipped and their proud new owners probably are going to have a painfully long wait for them to show up after Christmas, BUT, its a start LOL

On a related note, given your trying to order a foot controller I can only assume your ‘in-store’ demo of the III went well, Alex ?

Ha....show me that store.
I spent a half a day at GC playing with the Helix and Kemper this weekend.

I'm meeting an Axe owner in Indy after Christmas to try it out.

My vio has a piezo pickup, so we'll see what it can do.

Back
Top Bottom