Foot Controller FC6

I have put this here as I didn't see a separate review area for Foot Controllers. I am delighted with the FC6 which I plugged in and set the default parameters in a couple of minutes. I actually have all presets currently configured on my Axe Fx III so have the FC6 makes it far easier to access everything especially as I have downloaded from the exchange with special thanks to Leon Todd, Burgs (Brett Kingman), Simeon Harris, Fremen Presets and more. I have also configured a Roland EV5 for volume and Melo Audio ESP001 for Wah with ease. The unit is of high quality, good thinking design for power with the FaslinkII cable and the way the layouts and core architecture work. I waited a year for the cost to come down which it has and also because I did not think I needed it as I do studio only. I dabbled with Melo Audio Commander first which gave preset and some Fx changes and for the size of my preset libraries found it to be not up to what I wanted. I have 2 Boss FS-5U standby switches configured for now also. So well done Fractal Audio and Leon Todd video's and chat for persuading me to go down this path. I now record and pick up the guitar so easily compared to previous workflow.

The FC Controllers section is just below the the Axe3 & FM3 sections and I'm sure the administrator will move this thread...

I must say that I got my FC6 and then decided I should upgrade to the FC12.... Even with 4 Boss FS-5U's I was tempted... But I saw the OMG9 setup for the FM 3 and with the external pedals I set mine up the same as the OMG9 snd WOW!
Awesome setup that ended my cravings for the FC12!!
I can do anything I want with this setup.... awesome!

The FC Controllers section is just below the the Axe3 & FM3 sections and I'm sure the administrator will move this thread...

I must say that I got my FC6 and then decided I should upgrade to the FC12.... Even with 4 Boss FS-5U's I was tempted... But I saw the OMG9 setup for the FM 3 and with the external pedals I set mine up the same as the OMG9 snd WOW!
Awesome setup that ended my cravings for the FC12!!
I can do anything I want with this setup.... awesome!
I've seen the OMG9 video and it's very cool - sounds like you've made your own version with external switches. Like you, I put my FC12 cravings to rest, but found what I needed in the unused HOLD functions in the layouts for the solution. Love the FC6 form factor and utility!
Each layout has identical HOLD functions making it easy to jump directly to other layouts:
Top row: PRESETS / PERFORM / TUNER
Bottom Row: SCENES / EFFECTS-1 / LOOPER

I've swapped the COMP and PHASE controls on the Effects pages, so my most frequently accessed items are on the first page.

Another opportunity to free a button is to replace "MORE" buttons found on Perform and Effects layouts with something more functional.
For example, If I use the bottom-center button to access Effects1, that same button could be set to jump to Effects2 if I'm in the Effects1 scene. The hold function becomes a toggle between the two layout. That way you'd have 6 effects toggles per page instead of 5, and a consistent means to get between the two layouts.

I’m thinking I can get rid of some of my external switches using the hold functions more creatively... amazing what these units can do

Back
Top Bottom