Fool screen

Would you like a touch screen?

• Yeah! That's rock!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Smilzo

Fractal Fanatic
For the next Axefx generation, I would like a touch screen... imagine the layout page with a touch screen... :ugeek:

I'd have to say no (for now). The screen, is it is, is to small and I would be worries about the reliability of a touch screen. If the display screen was much larger ans the reliability could be assured, plus a good GUI; perhaps. That would up the cost significantly. I would rather pay more for a dual cpu Ultra :D

javajunkie said:
I'd have to say no (for now). The screen, is it is, is to small and I would be worries about the reliability of a touch screen. If the display screen was much larger ans the reliability could be assured, plus a good GUI; perhaps. That would up the cost significantly. I would rather pay more for a dual cpu Ultra :D

+1

Yeah, touch screens are expensive and I'd rather the money go elsewhere, meaning the sound.

An iPhone app that could edit remotely would be cool, but it would still need a way to talk to the Axe, ie, a computer acting as middle man.

chase said:
An iPhone app that could edit remotely would be cool, but it would still need a way to talk to the Axe, ie, a computer acting as middle man.

Unless the "new" Axe had bluetooth...for the controller too etc etc...which would be "likely". I bet the fractal controller has bluetooth in readiness.. ;)

I like this phone app as an idea...you would need a passkey etc otherwise your audience could be changing patches and settings "for a laugh"...oh and an editor that would fit on a teeny screen. But it would rock.

I can imagine it now..."The audience is shouting out for a song, and I just don't have a patch for it"..."don't worry I'll text you one...!" Upload, quick edit if req'd.Play.Cool.

But a no for the touch screen...they have a higher failure rate as well as being too expensive. But I agree it would be a "cool" feature otherwise.

Run the editor on a touchscreen LCD with your computer. Unless of course you feel a touchscreen LCD is too expensive.

The screen would have to be much much larger, in fact I would go as far to say touchscreens do not lend themselves well to complex parameter manipulation and menu navigation. Frankly I would not want to push up the cost of the product even more by adding such an expensive component as a touch screen.

Griffin said:
I bet the fractal controller has bluetooth in readiness.. ;)

Sure! But that's another thread! ;)

Good points cons touch screen. Share your idea to improve navigation...

I think it's funny that everyone is saying that the screen would be too small. First off the iPhone is quite small and is quite useable, plus if it where touch screen you could make the whole front of the thing a screen, as you would no longer need all of those useless knobs, and buttons that are currently there.

As far as cost they aren't really that much more expensive than regular screens any more, and the cost is coming down fast, especially with all of the Cellphones, and next-gen PC's becoming touch, and multi-touch compatible. I guess it could be a bit more expensive for a non-stock size, and shape, but again you won't need all of those useless knobs, and buttons anymore, which also cost money.

The only real disadvantage I can see is the current accuracy of these types of screens is quite low, plus the fact that the face of these screens has a limited life span due to the fact that you are rubbing it all the time.

Both of these problems, though, could become a non-point as the technology advances.

Either way it's all about what Cliff thinks is viable when he starts developing the next generation of his products.

Back
Top Bottom