Foo Fighters - Learn To Fly ( Video )

Pretty cool! The guitar is a little fizzy for my taste, probably a drive pedal with too much drive/dirt for my taste, but I think 99% of people would think it's perfect :)

Pretty cool! The guitar is a little fizzy for my taste, probably a drive pedal with too much drive/dirt for my taste, but I think 99% of people would think it's perfect :)
are you talking on the right side? thats not a AX8
its a cab simulation form the mixer ( X-air 18 ) direct form the pedal

Sounds great. If I am picky I would say to add a touch of high EQ to the lead vocal and pull some lower mid mud out. I am being picky because in reality it is quite well done. I would be quite happy playing in a band that sounds as good. I also appreciate you guys getting the harmonies sounding good, lots of bands work harmonies as an afterthought.

Anyway, great job!

are you talking on the right side? thats not a AX8
its a cab simulation form the mixer ( X-air 18 ) direct form the pedal

Ok I listened closer, you are correct. The right side is the real offender here. The left is still a little too fuzzy, but not too fizzy for my taste. The left side is overall better in every way than the right ;)

Sounds great. If I am picky I would say to add a touch of high EQ to the lead vocal and pull some lower mid mud out. I am being picky because in reality it is quite well done. I would be quite happy playing in a band that sounds as good. I also appreciate you guys getting the harmonies sounding good, lots of bands work harmonies as an afterthought.

Anyway, great job!
wow thank you so much! the recording is everything flat with low cuts, small compression on the strips and a limiter on the output. that's it.,that's how we sound flat. it's a lot of mic placement and a bit of tweeking

Ok I listened closer, you are correct. The right side is the real offender here. The left is still a little too fuzzy, but not too fizzy for my taste. The left side is overall better in every way than the right ;)
I describe my tone as a Dark one. I was really surprised by the comment :p

Back
Top Bottom