Focal vs Genelec vs Dynaudio

bke

Inspired
Hi all,

Trying to decide on studio monitors, my room is 12ft by 10ft - currently not treated but likely on the cards over the next couple of months

I currently have Dynaudio BM5 MkIII's which have served me pretty well over the last few years, but have been pondering an upgrade, (will probably keep current monitors at least for a while)

Ive tried larger monitors (like CLR) but they take up too much room and i rarely get to play out so they seem overkill

Looking for something that will sound a little 'bigger' for want of a better word, be clear in the base and not shrill in the high end - im a little sensitive to ear fatigue

Currently on my radar are

Focul 6 BE (2nd hand, v good condition)
Adam AX7 new (more expensive than the 2nd hand Foculs)
Genelec of similary price range + a few hundred if needed

Appreciate any comments, recommendations - leaning towards the foculs at the moment so would be interested in anyones opinion who has used them with an axe fx

Cheers

I use CLR's live and had one in my studio to program my presets as well. Just last month I was chatting with my Sweetwater rep about new studio monitors. I picked out a few I was interested in, very similar to your list. He recommended the Focal 6be's so I gave them a shot (along with the sub6). WOW! Unless I go full scale commercial studio this is it for me. I've programmed a few new presets using the Focal's and just played a gig yesterday with my CLR and it's the best tone I've ever had. I highly recommend the Focal's.

Reactions: bke
Thanks, the focals were in my shortlist when I got my dynaudio monitors, very tempted now... you okayed a gig!!!! What’s it like to get out, in lockdown here and there’s been no Events here since early last year pretty much!,

Back
Top Bottom