Wish FM9 Wishlist

Seemed like they were also hoping to find more efficiencies in the algorithms. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed in either case...

Are we posting our FM9 wishes here since we don't have a dedicated section? If so, I'd like to see the ability to have the tuner source be "both" in addition to input1 and input2. That was a wish they implemented on the FM3, so I hope they can do it on the FM9, too. While we're at it, it would be nice to have the option to feed all three inputs to the tuner. I'm planning to run multiple instruments through the FM9, and it would be great to be able to tune each of them using the onboard tuner.

By the way, I did receive my FM9 today, and porting patches from my FM3 is very easy, and the sounds are the same on both units.

Last edited:
Are we posting our FM9 wishes here since we don't have a dedicated section? If so, I'd like to see the ability to have the tuner source be "both" in addition to input1 and input2. That was a wish they implemented on the FM3, so I hope they can do it on the FM9, too. While we're at it, it would be nice to have the option to feed all three inputs to the tuner. I'm planning to run multiple instruments through the FM9, and it would be great to be able to tune each of them using the onboard tuner.

By the way, I did receive my FM9 today, and porting patches from my FM3 is very easy, and the sounds are the same on both units.
+1 to this. The ability to run multiple instruments (2 guitars or a guitar + bass) when I have people over to jam is exactly why I'm going with the FM9 over the FM3.

One thing I really missed when I pulled the FM9 out of the box is the top handles on each side that the FM3 has. The FM9 is heavy, and it would be much easier to move around with those handles. Oh, well!

If they don't do something I will have to get my hands on an old over-head projector and cut the lens to fit the LCD screen. That could work... Maybe they're just leaving the door open for me to make an after-market product....

I was going to suggest something like that! My dad has a screen magnifier that slips over his computer monitor as well, I bet cutting one of those up and fixing it over the top would work out well. That dude who makes all those plastic protective covers for the modelers should get in on that.

I was going to suggest something like that! My dad has a screen magnifier that slips over his computer monitor as well, I bet cutting one of those up and fixing it over the top would work out well. That dude who makes all those plastic protective covers for the modelers should get in on that.
This has been attempted since the FCs were released including by "that dude" (assuming you mean Sukh, aka @ZenRigs Man) with apparently less than great results... Of course you might mean Chad Boston (CEBA gear).

My wish list is as follows,
  1. I get my FM9 invite purchase before Christmas.
  2. That I receive my FM9 before my Christmas vacation
  3. That my FM9 arrives is safe condition.
  4. That my FM9 Works when it arrives.
  5. Finally that everyone gets theirs before Christmas too after all its Christmas...

One thing I really missed when I pulled the FM9 out of the box is the top handles on each side that the FM3 has. The FM9 is heavy, and it would be much easier to move around with those handles. Oh, well!
Put it on a Temple Duo 24 :)

1. Lemme use dual switches with a single TRS cable like I can with my FM3

That's it
If it’s really a hardware limitation like Matt said, you might have to wait for FM9 mk II. :(

Put it on a Temple Duo 24 :)

If it’s really a hardware limitation like Matt said, you might have to wait for FM9 mk II. :(
ExpessionIO takes pedals or switches, if you need to add on. Bonus: it's MIDI, so you can capture pedals and switches connected that way in Logic or most other DAWs with MIDI capability....

Adding a wish, if this is the place to do so... curious why there isn't a forum section for FM9 wishes.

I'd love for the FM9's Output 3 to have the selectable Line Level/Unity Gain option like the FM3 Out 2 does, as introduced in FW 4.0. For those of us who desire +4 from Out 3 to external gear.

Adding a wish, if this is the place to do so... curious why there isn't a forum section for FM9 wishes.

I'd love for the FM9's Output 3 to have the selectable Line Level/Unity Gain option like the FM3 Out 2 does, as introduced in FW 4.0. For those of us who desire +4 from Out 3 to external gear.
There's also not yet an FM9 Bugs forum.

Back
Top Bottom