Wish FM9 Wishlist

I know that this is unorthodox but, I would like the ability to pull up the tuner, muted, with the push of a button (for between songs), and another button to bring up tuner, unmuted, for during songs. Not a problem in my metal band since I only use Evertune guitars, but I need it in my acoustic band. Using a 1949 Gypsy Jazz guitar... Thanks in advance.
You could potentially solve this by using the Tuner on Heel Down feature.

Assign an expression pedal to a Volume block or global volume. Set Tuner on Heel Down to that pedal.

Leave the Tuner unmuted.

Assign a switch for Tuner.

Use the pedal to activate the Tuner and mute the volume.

Use the switch to activate the Tuner without muting.

@cyberk9 youll definitely want to take a harder look at the FM9. The tone and effects are superior to the ax8 since the FM9 runs newer firmware which has many improvements vs ax8.

As mentioned above, the footswitches can be programmed for almost any function you could think of. They are light years ahead of the ax8 footswitches and they come with scribble strips. Imagine a footswitch with logic, where you can change its function based on another footswitch being pressed. You can go down a rabbit hole with this but also can keep it simple just like ax8

Headphone jack on FM9 is super convenient for practicing without having to fire up an interface and plug in xlr’s. Just one usb cable and you’re ready to go since it has usb audio.
TX for the intel forum friends duly noted I will have to review the beastie again.....Liked...."Headphone jack on FM9 is super convenient for practicing without having to fire up an interface and plug in xlr’s. Just one usb cable and you’re ready to go since it has usb audio"

Indeed no wishlist yet, I've just scratched 00,01 % of the surface of the FM9 but already have 1 wish.
I like to have a hologram of the virtual amp on stage😂😂

Actually, on an open stage and on a sunny day, you can´t see sh*t on the Fm3 screen.
And the right, er wrong, angle.

We played a big gig back in August that we have played pretty much every year for the past 12 years, and every year I had the same issue, sun glare blocking out the display of whatever am I am using, be it pedalboard or modeler (this past year an OMG9). So, for the past few years I had used a piece of cardboard I found and painted black. We didn't play during the lockdowns and the cardboard was lost during that time, so this year I just grabbed a piece my son had been using for spray painting and used it, taped it to the mic stand. Didn't look so hot, but not quite as crappy as plain ol' flattened Amazon box, and it worked just fine.
1664459179717.jpeg

1664459201293.jpeg

Necessity is a mother and all that... :cool:

Are we posting our FM9 wishes here since we don't have a dedicated section? If so, I'd like to see the ability to have the tuner source be "both" in addition to input1 and input2. That was a wish they implemented on the FM3, so I hope they can do it on the FM9, too. While we're at it, it would be nice to have the option to feed all three inputs to the tuner. I'm planning to run multiple instruments through the FM9, and it would be great to be able to tune each of them using the onboard tuner.

By the way, I did receive my FM9 today, and porting patches from my FM3 is very easy, and the sounds are the same on both units.
Yeah, mine arrived yesterday (finally!!), unboxed it and set it up, tried to run FM9 Edit but didn't see the FM9, had me going for a minute until I remembered I had forgotten to INSTALL THE FREAKING DRIVERS!! :eek: Moron...

Anyway, got it all working, put it in OFM9G mode with the Cooper Carter Scenes mod, set up global EQ and the pedals, yadda yadda yadda, loaded in my FM3 presets and bang! zoom! off we went!! Jammed with a couple tunes through my headphones and had a ball. I'm woodshedding with it tonight, yeah baby!

Sounds just like my FM3, but it seems to me to be a tiny little gainier. I tend to live in the clean to medium gain regions, and it seemed to be a tiny bit more hairy, but maybe it was just me.

Anyway, I'm loving it! Can't wait to gig it!! RTF on!!! :D

adding another wish here....

would love for the main screen to be able to display those little thought bubble messages for blocks turned on/off via MIDI or external pedal inputs, in addition to the thought bubbles that already display when you bypass/engage an effect via a built-in footswitch.

The use case is my wah pedal with toe switch. Frequently I'm setting up a tone for the next song, and don't remember if I engaged or bypassed the wah via the toe switch. would be nice to be able to check silently, right now I just have to check via listening.

Thanks

Last edited:
And the right, er wrong, angle.

We played a big gig back in August that we have played pretty much every year for the past 12 years, and every year I had the same issue, sun glare blocking out the display of whatever am I am using, be it pedalboard or modeler (this past year an OMG9). So, for the past few years I had used a piece of cardboard I found and painted black. We didn't play during the lockdowns and the cardboard was lost during that time, so this year I just grabbed a piece my son had been using for spray painting and used it, taped it to the mic stand. Didn't look so hot, but not quite as crappy as plain ol' flattened Amazon box, and it worked just fine.
View attachment 109147

View attachment 109148

Necessity is a mother and all that... :cool:
That Tele is :hearteyes:

I'd like to vote for better scribble-strip displays. I see that Fractal has addressed the readability problem with the new larger scribble strips on the FCs, but I'd say take it a step further. The readability is not only text size but contrast. not sure what typ of LCD is in there, but it's clearly monochrome, and low contrast. Reminds me of a laptop I had in the late 80s. I really hope there's on option for some LCD that will allow for a black background with the label preferably displayed in user-editable colors. Like the main display.

I'd like to vote for better scribble-strip displays. I see that Fractal has addressed the readability problem with the new larger scribble strips on the FCs, but I'd say take it a step further. The readability is not only text size but contrast. not sure what typ of LCD is in there, but it's clearly monochrome, and low contrast. Reminds me of a laptop I had in the late 80s. I really hope there's on option for some LCD that will allow for a black background with the label preferably displayed in user-editable colors. Like the main display.
The displays can already be inverted to get a black background...

Improvements in both contrast and resolution would enhance the readability of the mini displays. And would almost certainly raise the price. It might require a new product altogether. But yeah, I would love to see the mini displays at par with the main display.

By the way, I thought you were dead.

1669153380238.jpeg

Improvements in both contrast and resolution would enhance the readability of the mini displays. And would almost certainly raise the price. It might require a new product altogether. But yeah, I would love to see the mini displays at par with the main display.

By the way, I thought you were dead.

View attachment 111525
Only for a year, for tax reasons....

Reactions: Rex
Here are my wishes:
1. Would loooove if some blocks could be set to ignore scene changes (or vise versa)
2. Tuner on Heel down (or maybe tuner in general?): would like the tuning screen to disappear and go back to where it was before when you stomp on another button
3. Ability to program one footswitch to engage/bypass/change channels on multiple blocks with a single press
4. metronome: would like the metronome volume to persist across power cycles. Would also love if i could get metronome only out of the headphone out, but I realize the HP out is a mirror of out1, probably not possible if that's in the hardware.
5. the little bubbles that pop up and display what effect you changed/bypassed on the LCD screen: would like them to persist slightly longer.

:)

#1 is already there - Scene Ignore Check out this vid. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_unocAmj8D8

#3 I am also interested in this...although, you can do this using scenes. That said, I think it would be useful to be able to change the channel on multiple blocks without having to use a scene

#5 I think if the mini-display was more flexible in terms of what you could display there that would get the job done better

I know that this is unorthodox but, I would like the ability to pull up the tuner, muted, with the push of a button (for between songs), and another button to bring up tuner, unmuted, for during songs. Not a problem in my metal band since I only use Evertune guitars, but I need it in my acoustic band. Using a 1949 Gypsy Jazz guitar... Thanks in advance.

There is a small tuning indicator on the top left of the screen that is always viewable - just between your device name and the "Home" tab. It's just two green arrows with a small red vertical line in-between. ( >|< ) That thing is a tuner. (It's not a tumour lol) So you can use that any time you're playing.

#1 is already there - Scene Ignore Check out this vid. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_unocAmj8D8

#3 I am also interested in this...although, you can do this using scenes. That said, I think it would be useful to be able to change the channel on multiple blocks without having to use a scene

#5 I think if the mini-display was more flexible in terms of what you could display there that would get the job done better
This list was created a year ago.

Scene Ignore didn't exist then.

#5 can also be adjusted via a global option.

This list was created a year ago.

Scene Ignore didn't exist then.

#5 can also be adjusted via a global option.
Fair enough. I hadn't seen any replies that explained that scene ignore was a feature now I thought I'd just throw that out there.

#5...not sure how to do that. I have gone through the global settings but not sure what you're referring to in regards to the mini-displays. I'm very new to Fractal as I've only had my FM9 for a few days.

Fair enough. I hadn't seen any replies that explained that scene ignore was a feature now I thought I'd just throw that out there.

#5...not sure how to do that. I have gone through the global settings but not sure what you're referring to in regards to the mini-displays. I'm very new to Fractal as I've only had my FM9 for a few days.
The original post topic #5 is about the length of time the "message" box that displays on the main display after certain button presses. It's not about the mini displays...

I don't know when the option was added - I discovered by accident while looking for something else on my FM9.

The same option is there for the FM3 according to the manual.
(Edit: not sure why I was thinking this was an FM3 question. Applies the same for both)

39ECE9C6-A823-411F-A31E-8D0ECA46BD36.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom