Wish FM9 Wishlist

I think a screen mode would be cool. The standard screen mode is great for editing, tweaking, etc. It gives a ton of data and options, though at the cost of small type. Pop her into Performance View Mode and you get less blood and guts info about minute parameters and large type Patch Number and Patch Name. Other people may have better ideas about exactly what info needs to be highly visible in Performance Mode but pretty much anything else I can think of that I really need at a gig is already visible on the footswitches themselves.

It’s a great suggestion I think

I use a fc6 and III and one of my concerns going to a fm9 is losing that large display on the FC6 with patch name. The III screen is great, but pretty small if trying to read at a distance, and the fm9 is essentially a III display on the floor so maybe a bit small for my eyesight standing over it

Literally the only gripe I have with this thing on paper is the teeny tiny font on the scribble strips and the fact that you can't read anything on the front while standing, much less with stage lights blinding you.

My eyes would be around 6' 2" (186cm) from the display because I'm tall. I'm also older, so I'd need to wear binoculars to see that display on the floor so far away. I can totally understand this rational request to be able to have a setting to display certain data types (Patch Name/Number, Song etc.) in a large font.

Yeah I agree with the posts above. It's a concern. Not a deal killer by any means but better visibility from a standing position at a gig would be great. If that doesn't happen, I am hoping that FracPad gets updated for the FM9 and maybe I can have a remote display of sorts I can mount on a mic stand.

Thanks. If Fractal's long history shows anything, it shows they understand that if you wanna be the Mac Daddy, then you have to go out and BE the Mac Daddy. This is just another improvement to keep them squarely planted in the top dog position.

The only wish I had/have is dimmable LED's for input and status! I tried the dimming LED tape and that didn't stick very well. So If that's still not a possible or reasonable request then a chunk of gaff tape will have to do until something better comes along!

My wish would be having two pitch blocks instead of one.
To expand on that even if one block
was a capo doing relatively small shifts it would be nice to separate it
could help the FM3 guys too if they
mainly use VC from a semi tone drop
because ideally whammy / drop fx are in front of amp where as the EVH micro pitch is generally after

Not a wish but a prediction: in a couple of years, we are going to see FM9 and FM3 Mk2 with identical specs but with touchscreen interfaces and a UI more aligned with competitors. I get why Fractal has in the past said they don’t want to go down this route, but they clearly responded to customers and the competition in launching the FM9, and a more user-friendly interface is where Fractal lags the competition. Not a dealbreaker to the FM9 Mk 1 success in 2021 (lacking a touchscreen won’t stop me buying one), but before 2025 it will stand out as antiquated. Even refrigerators have a touchscreen and slick UI now.

I still have my Axe8 and will likely never sell it (really love the workflow and sound is great). Decided I wanted to get into the more modern Fractal gear so I picked up the FM3-FC6 combo a while ago. Love the FM3 so will likely never sell it either. Now I'm on the FM9 waitlist and I'm hoping that Fractal can find a way to make the FM3 and the FM9 work seamlessly together purely in the digital domain (FM3 -> FM9 via COAX and with some way to combine FM3/FM9/FC6 footswitches and a single editor to rule them all as a single unit. Sure, it sounds like I should just get the Axe-III and FC12 but I can still wish (this is a wish list after all).

I'm hoping that Fractal can find a way to make the FM3 and the FM9 work seamlessly together purely in the digital domain (FM3 -> FM9 via COAX and with some way to combine FM3/FM9/FC6 footswitches and a single editor to rule them all as a single unit. Sure, it sounds like I should just get the Axe-III and FC12 but I can still wish (this is a wish list after all).
Same wish here, but for FM9 and FX3. :)

It would be different if it was a completely new product, but it's not, and it's designed to fit between 2 other existing products, bringing features from both of those into this one, which is a big reason people want it. So, since we pretty much already know what it is and what it can do, and why it was built in the first place, I can see why you'd want to start a wish list right away. This is the perfect product for a lot of people, and very close for others, so the sooner they let FAS know what other things are desired, the sooner they can get them, or get told to go pound sand, whichever the case may be. ;)

I'm just surprised they didn't include a big screen like the FC's have, since it's obviously designed so you won't need one.
Exactly very close for me ....the FM9 no doubt kicks ass in the sound dept...but I'm not ready to give up my trusty AX8 yet need to see the preset name bigger for a second or so when changing presets like with the AX8 it's essential for me.... also changing effects on the FM9 looks like 2 moves instead of one .....I prefer the AX8 because its a single stomp to add or subtract an effect while playing... I'll have to watch the firmware updates.:)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom