FM9 USB Firmware V 1.02 Release

So here is what I did. Clicked on Windows Error Reporting and then ordered the list by clicking on the Time heading:

1710427497001.png

Looked for something relating to the DAW I was using, which had crashed and caused the FM9 USB to stop working (as I said earlier other things had also caused the crash, just happened to be Studio One on this occasion). This led me to:

1710427625110.png

I contacted their support and they said that Jamstix (a drum VST3 plugin) was crashing an Nvidia Ray Tracing driver, and their advice was to update the Nvidia drivers as a first option. I got lucky because that fixed the problem with the USB driver. Digging a bit deeper it turned out that the PCI Express Root Port shared by the USB 3.10 AMD extensible host controller and Nvidia graphics card had become unresponsive and that was caused by the Nvidia driver.

It gets complicated, but more often than not, updating drivers for things is a good place to start. Obviously make sure you are running latest Windows 11 23H2 (look under "About Your PC" from Start menu), especially if you are seeing ntdll.dll errors.

I'd be happy to look at the NFO file if you like.

Back
Top Bottom