FM9 Turbo Problem inhibited or forzen Help Me!

MaRtYnMcfly

Hello
I recently acquired my FM9 Turbo, I started to create my presets and everything was fine because I only used it for an hour or less.
But this Saturday at about two hours the fm9 remained inhibited and did not work The only option was to turn it off and on I did it and it worked for 10 minutes and it froze again I decided to turn it off and on and it only worked for 2 minutes I did the same again and when turning it on the screen was black and the switches in colors without reacting seemed strange to me
I waited the next day and it worked perfectly for just a while, because in almost 2 hours it inhibited again, I turned off for 2 hours and when I turned on I reloaded the firmware that comes on page 4.0 just in case, and then the fm9 worked for an hour and again he became inhibited. I better turn it off and I haven't turned it back on.
Has anyone experienced something similar? what is the solution? send it to warranty for some internal physical problem? Or do I have to do a factory reset? what is causing it? since without using it just by being on it does.

The fan is heard at the start I suppose it is a proof that it works because I do not know when I use it the most
The ax fx3 beeps all the time

I need help friends

If your presets are too large (too many blocks that use up too much CPU; the green/red percentage bar to the upper right of FM9-Edit) will certainly shut down your FM9 (read: silence any audio until you reduce the number of blocks in your presets so they don't use as much CPU). If the CPU bar is consistently in the red, its time to pare down some of your preset blocks.

However, if the unit is physically shutting down for no reason, your unit is defective and you'll need to open a customer service ticket with Fractal. Visit their support page on their website for more information.

If your presets are too large (too many blocks that use up too much CPU; the green/red percentage bar to the upper right of FM9-Edit) will certainly shut down your FM9 (read: silence any audio until you reduce the number of blocks in your presets so they don't use as much CPU). If the CPU bar is consistently in the red, its time to pare down some of your preset blocks.

However, if the unit is physically shutting down for no reason, your unit is defective and you'll need to open a customer service ticket with Fractal. Visit their support page on their website for more information.
My Preset have 60% cpu is fine.
I have the same preset in axe fx3 65% work fine

I dont understand when start the air fan maybe is hot or dont know why is frozen fm9 2 hours later and if I turn off and on fm9 work 5 minutes is like any hardware is hot? or...?

I have had all the fractal models and something like this had never happened to me I already had fm9 and I moved to fm9 turbo if it has more cpu
But it has this fault and I don't know whether to send it under warranty or is it something that can be corrected by doing it myself? something like software? factory restore?

I dont understand when start the air fan maybe is hot
Not sure what you mean, but AFAIK the CPU just did some hard work when starting up, so the fan comes on a few secs to take some potential heat off. Maybe it includes a system check to see if the fan is working.

Not sure what you mean, but AFAIK the CPU just did some hard work when starting up, so the fan comes on a few secs to take some potential heat off. Maybe it includes a system check to see if the fan is working.
Yes, I think that at the beginning we listened to it because it is a test just like all the lights But at some point it must turn on in use
I've never heard it just at start
But the Ax Fx3 is on all the time

the problem here cannot be CPU or usage
the problem occurs whether you use it or not
when spending a lot of time on

But at some point it must turn on in use.
No, the floor models don't need the fan on (different chips), unless they need it... ;) (like in serious heat)
I haven't had mine for long, but in a 4-hour session it never turned on after startup.

No, the floor models don't need the fan always on (different chips), unless they need it... ;) (like in serious heat)
I haven't had mine for long, but in a 4-hour session it never turned on.
But if the fan exists, why would I have it?
They also insist that you do not cover the air outlet on both sides
the fc-6 and fc-12 don't need that, they don't have a fan inside

Only the fm3 and fm9 because they have the cpu inside I assume that at some point when it is hot it will turn on automatically and my question is why after 2 hours on the fan does not enter and it inhibits me I feel that it is some heat or some circuit I can't stand that long

But if the fan exists, why would I have it?
Again, not 100% sure what you mean...
The fan is for cases of serious heat. Some people live in Texas or Florida and have to gig outside with it.
In a normal home (for me ±21°C), I think it can probably stand running presets at 80% without much overheating danger.

Seems you want it to turn on cause you suspect an overheating issue after two hours? That wouldn't be my first worry "in this case"...

Maybe you don't have stable or clean enough mains power (maybe try in another house), or the USB cable is wiggling a bit on either end, etc. And sure, the unit may be at fault...

I'd make a backup if you would need one, wait for the next FM9 firmware that may arrive any day now, and do a full reset after updating. If you then still have it, then you could ask for some serious support... Also try without USB connected.

Last edited:
Yes, I think that at the beginning we listened to it because it is a test just like all the lights But at some point it must turn on in use
I've never heard it just at start
But the Ax Fx3 is on all the time

From the FM9 page in the Wiki…
The internal and ambient temperature is displayed in Setup : Utilities : ADC Levels.

From the FM3 page in the Wiki, but it also applies to the FM9:
"The DSP is NOT designed for a heat sink and doesn't need one." [12]
(firmware 1.05) "The fan now operates at different thresholds than when the ambient temperature was used. It should now spin up at 60°C, switch to high speed at 70°C, and turn off when the temperature drops below 55°C. Also note that on-screen temperature readings may be different than those you may have become accustomed to seeing when the ambient temperature was being measured." [13]
"There's only so much heat you can dissipate in a small chassis. Add to that the requirement for harsh environments (outside, on a hot day in direct sun) and you have to be careful. There actually is a fan in the unit but it's controlled by a thermostat and under normal conditions it doesn't run. Reliability is paramount in a product like this. You can't have it shutting down during a performance." [8]
"The fan speed is temperature dependent. Be sure to not block the vents on the sides or the fan intake on the bottom. At room temperature the fan will rarely turn on." [11]

The fan in the FM9 is spooled up briefly during power-up. Then it stops until it’s needed to handle excessive temperatures.

Back
Top Bottom