FM9 Turbo Headphones not working (new unit)

DaveO

Fractal Fanatic
So received my new FM9 Turbo, unfortunately I'm unable to get a sound from the headphone jack, I'd thought I'd ping the forum before calling in for support so if anyone has any suggestions be great.
Steps already taken,
  • I can see the input signal from my guitar on the units display,
  • Using FM9 Edit I can see the input signal is working too.
  • using "sound's" from windows cpl I can see the driver is installed and also responds to input from playing guitar.
  • in global settings there is no Headphone options for output.
  • My original FM9 works fine with these headphones.

Cheers

Make sure Output 1 is not set to Digital... I've seen a few posts with new units not set to Analog.

Make sure Output 1 is not set to Digital... I've seen a few posts with new units not set to Analog.
Thanks but just looked, there's no "digital" in I/O for output 1 only stereo sum. L/R etc. and in global nothing, fw is 4.0 from factory.

The headphone is hardwired to Out 1 and there’s no way to redirect it so anything going to Out 1 should be sent to the headphone output jack also. Switch to factory preset 0, confirm you are getting the appropriate input based on the front-panel LEDs and using the meters tab on the Layout page on the front-panel check to see the signal is reaching the Out 1 block.

If nothing is going through the headphone jack at that point then reset the unit to the factory settings. That will leave all presets and cabs intact, and try again.

If it still doesn’t work I’d recommend contacting support@fractalaudio.com.

Last edited:
The headphone is hardwired to Out 1 and there’s no way to redirect it so anything going to Out 1 should be sent to the headphone output jack also. Switch to factory preset 0, confirm you are getting the appropriate input based on the front-panel LEDs and using the meters tab on the Layout page on the front-panel check to see the signal is reaching the Out 1 block.

If nothing is going through the headphone jack at that point then reset the unit to the factory settings. That will leave all presets and cabs intact, and try again.

If it still doesn’t work I’d recommend contacting support@fractalaudio.com.
Thank you for your response Greg, looks like qc is not including hp's so I'll be contacting support.

Well... I gave you the benefit of doubt since it ain't your first rodeo ;)

It happens - glad it's working!
Yes sir, so I was hoping the thread could be deleted, Mark responded to my support request... I'm so embarrassed but appreciate you and and @Greg Ferguson response the other night, I was complacent on my current FM9 as its on a board and I never physically touch the controls, so please note a new FM9 will come from the factory with the volume @ zero.

Yes sir, so I was hoping the thread could be deleted, Mark responded to my support request... I'm so embarrassed but appreciate you and and @Greg Ferguson response the other night, I was complacent on my current FM9 as its on a board and I never physically touch the controls, so please note a new FM9 will come from the factory with the volume @ zero.
Don’t worry about it, or feel awkward at all. We have ALL done that, or equally “DUH!” things.

I don’t know how many times I’ll sit down to work with one of the modelers and hit a chord… and nothing. I’ll jump into my diagnostic mode, tear things apart, switch to the layout view looking for the bad block, … then realize I forgot to plug in the guitar.

No worries here, its actually my own fault I'm rather embarrassed to say what it was, but I'll humble myself and say it was the volume...
Cheers,
We have all been there! It's complicated at first, because there is so much you can do. It took me about 5 days to feel confident in changing something at a gig. I did take it straight to the gig after delivery, though. Everything was fine and has only gotten better every firmware update. Welcome to the club!

Back
Top Bottom