FM9 Switching between scenes, trails ?

He guys, normally when you switch between scenes in a preset say clean to dirty it is instant no lag, clean cuts out, dirty in, no issues.
But, I want say scene 1 to linger on after I switch to scene 2.

Example: Hendrix Foxy Lady intro all the feedback in scene 1, then I hit scene 2 for rhythm part and scene 1 just cuts out, I want the feedback to linger on for a second on 2 if possible??

You can make Delay tails and Reverb tails linger after a scene change, but feedback is a different beast. Feedback is an interaction between your rig and your guitar. If you want the feedback to linger, you have to keep playing that guitar through the same unchanged rig. Otherwise the feedback will change or disappear altogether. To keep feedback rolling while you’re playing something else, you need another guitar — and another guitarist. :)

If you check out the original recording, you’ll see that the feedback stops abruptly when the intro ends.

Something like that can be done using a spare Delay (or Reverb?) block that is bypassed, but listening to the current scene/tone. Then when you switch scenes/tones, the Delay (or Reverb?) block starts playing back the last chord of the old scene/tone while you are simultaneously playing the new tone.

It isn't very easy setting it up, and dialing it in to be a smooth transition. But it is technically possible. Here is an example of this technique on the Helix version of one of my presets (sorry, never made a video of the Fractal versions?). Go to the 2.00 minute mark to hear it in action.

If Scene 1 already has some Delay going on, you could setup scene 2 to increase the Delay 'Mix' and 'Feedback' parameters via a channel change or a Scene Controller to exaggerate it and smooth out the transition?

Also, You could setup your Dirty and Clean (or Rhythm and Lead?) as two completely different paths. Each with their own Amp, Cab, and post effects. And switch between the two paths by swapping Amp blocks (instead of channels). Then their respective downstream effects will trail off naturally.

Thanks guys, I will try messing with it.
Here it is attached if anyone wants to try it.
Use stratocaster lead position, guitar volume low on S3 intro then bring it up till it feeds back, I want it to carry over when I switch to S1

Attachments

• FM9-FOXY LADY.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 3
Thanks guys, I will try messing with it.
Here it is attached if anyone wants to try it.
Use stratocaster lead position, guitar volume low on S3 intro then bring it up till it feeds back, I want it to carry over when I switch to S1
What firmware are you running? Coming up <Empty> on 4.00?

This isn't as complex as the crossfade in my Rooster preset. But it seems pretty smooth to me. A few more tweaks, maybe a Scene Controller on the Plex-Delay Level to morph from one value to the next instead of using channels?
  1. I had my way with the second Amp block that didn't seemed to be being used (at least in the named scenes?).
  2. Added a second dedicated Drive block.
  3. Copied your 'scene 3' Drive and Amp settings into the the new parallel path.
  4. Added a Multiplexer block to crossfade between the two Drive/Amp block paths in a smoother manor.
  5. Added a Parallel Plex-Delay block that is switching channels to make the Delay louder after the scene switch. etc...
Moke

Attachments

• FOXY LADY (Moke) (FM9) 4.01b2.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
BTW.. The Vol/Pan block has Pedal 2 assigned to the Bypass parameter. So it isn't really doing anything when it bypasses?

No, I was running stereo then made a few changes to the preset because Im running in mono now
Okay, but not really sure what that anomaly would have to do with mono or stereo?

Anyway, have you tried out the scene changing in the preset that I posted above?

Back
Top Bottom