FM9 Signal Chain - what are you playing through?0

The final spot for mine is into a mixing board with a pair of Mackie HD1221 wedges connected to it. I have the FM9 and an FM3 going into the board along with my vDrums, and then I grabbed one of those cheap-but-great-sounding Headrush wedges for my own monitor. Out1 from both the 9 and the 3 into the board, Out2 on both into the DAW.

The super flexible and no-bullshit I/O of all the Fractal products is one of the best "features" . My FM9 has 4 different signal paths with 4 different uses and other than the initial cabling I never have to think about it again - it all just works. Less time spent fiddling with hardware turns into more time spent being creative, and that always kicks ass.

Out of curiosity, how long did it take you guys to get your xitone cabs? I have been waiting for 4 months and Mick does not respond to my emails anymore and already took my money out months ago. It is a little frustrating.
I’m in the same boat as you. Ordered in mid April.
He actually never responded to any of my email other than the order I put in.
I have to call him again.

I’m in the same boat as you. Ordered in mid April.
He actually never responded to any of my email other than the order I put in.
I have to call him again.
So I called him yet again.
Said he also was wondering why my Celestion hasn’t arrived. (I had last called 3 or 4 weeks ago)
He is going to follow up with his Celestion rep………………….
According to Mick Eminence has half its workers off with Covid.

I too went through the long wait with Mick. He didn`t have the F12-X200 in stock, and had to order it. This was when the Covid thing 1st started. No response to my email enquiries yadda yadda yadda. I emailed finally to cancel my Order, and finally got a response. Mick did come through though. Love my Xitone. He is just seemingly not real good at keeping peeps updated. ;p

I've talked to Mick a couple times recently, and there are still a lot of issues with getting parts. Eminence can't get their speaker components that come from overseas, and a lot of manufacturers like Eminence are dealing with their staff being out with COVID. It sounds like he has the Dayton plate amplifiers in stock, and he has the materials to make the cabs... it's just a matter of getting the speakers.

I’m going to be running mine into a couple Mesa 1x12’s or 2x12’s for a stereo rig, but will be sending a direct mono signal to FOH. Not sure how I’m going to power the cabs yet, as I’d prefer to keep this a pedalboard/cab rig only with no rack so I don’t want to go the power amp route.

Back
Top Bottom